1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

STCC @ Alpine Hills, Thursday 21st March 2013

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM STCC
    Car: STCC[VW Sirocco excluded]
    Track: Alpine Hills [Download here]
    Weather: Dry
    Games: STCC 2

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:50 GMT: Warmup
    21:00 GMT: Race (2 x 22 Minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Christopher Hall-Nelson
    3. David Tepper
    4. -
    5. -
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    utp#10

Server is UP!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

You know what to do Dennis!??!

3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Welcome to Alpine Hills, a beautiful collection of fantasy road sections all tied together, a great drive! Lap times, well of course that depends but these races will probably only run four laps each. Qualifying will be unaffected as timing starts at pit out and every lap gets counted! These are roads will gully's on the sides, embankments and trees, mostly very pliable, but it's a tough course to learn so spend some time practicing!

4. I try this track
    Seems to be fun
    sign me up dennis
    but think will be small this time

5. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Have a fun drive on a wonderful road Dave! You just can't do this in the real world.

6. Sorry guys - going to give this one a miss, as I simply can't spare the time to learn / practice it
    :(

7. Hehe, we did this in Mini's! Great track, not enough time for me to practice though. Have fun. :D

8. NOT A SIGN UP. Unfortunately I can't do Thursdays. To those put off by the length and lack of time to practice - I would highly recommend signing up anyway, its a killer of a track - but so very rewarding when you manage a clean lap. The way the centre line unsettles the car, the gulleys that drag you in, the mad brow at the start of the track that you can jump over, but have to be real carefull because of the tight right hander just after it. Its a great track a true testament to the hard work, commitment and attention to detail that Kennett put in while creating this track and its various variants. Go on guys sign up, I would if I could be there.

In fact Dennis Phelan - when will the praccy server be up? I might not be able to come to the event, but I might just drop in for some laps.

9. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Dave Flower, the server has been up but there is going to be a test of the RD servers for a League today and they might be down for a while. I'll have them back up after the test for sure.

10. There are also a set of corners, three to be exact, that offers a great view over the landscape and ocean that is named Plimmers' Turn in rememberence for one of the greatest simracers, maybe not the fastest but one of the clenest and friendliest simracers there has ever been.
    He sadly past away in December 2011 and Kennett decided to name the corners after him and RD held their own memorial event at Anderstorp, Erics most favourite track in the Race series.

I won't have time to practice but I will be here and give a thought to Eric every time I drive past those corners. Can't find a track map to show you what corners it would be but I might take some Screen shots of them.

I'm in :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Wayne Hammond

Wayne Hammond
    Daisychainsaw

Dennis, is it possible to get my skin from the RDTCC S8, i stupidly forgot to back them up when i installed windows on my SSD.:)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

So much talk about practice time being needed. This is Club racing, about getting together and driving in a clean environment. There is no huge trophy given out and no need for huge preparation for a race as these are causal, drop in and drive events. I hope when you get the free time, that you choose to drive with friends in a no fear event, thanks!

Wayne Hammond, working on that. I don't know my way around the servers well so I have it out to those that can do it for you.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Server is Back!

• Like Like x 3
  14. I'm sorry guys, I might miss this one, don't know when dinner will be done :(
    But I will do my darndest to be here :)

My dad works night and dinner is the only time we have to be together for a bit as I'm studying full time :redface:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pete Bone

Pete Bone
    Premium Member

Sign me up please.

16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Oh boy, had some really nice practice going and then we did have three drivers for the races!

Racing was very close but slips off the track separated us at times and also brought us back together. Congrat's to Pete for winning both races. He handled the Beemer thru the corners nicely to pull away.

17. Pete Bone

Pete Bone
    Premium Member

That was some great racing. I dont know how i managed to avoid you in the first race Dennis, 3 times i nearly rear ended you! I wouldn't have won the 2nd race if you hadn't had a carbon copy of my accident, and Chris pushed me hard until he went straight on near the end of the last lap.

I think the RWD gives better push out the corners, does get wobbly under braking though.