STC BLUE CUP 2013 SKIN CONTEST by DIGIGRAFET.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i was in the same boat i didnt have iracing and had to make the jump and i am so glad i did. The thing is iracing always have deals running and beacuse its a team championship you only have to buy the tracks you r planning on running so it doesn't work out to expensive . I have been using Race 07 from the start and was a big fan but after using iracing and the Mclaren MP4 Race 07 is like taking a step back in time. Tbh i didnt like the news at the start about the switch to iracing but now i no it was for the best.:)

Speak with your drivers and lets get FDR back on the STC Grid;);):)

If it was a straight up picture competition, I would find it hard to choose between the Walk Racing, INEX and TBR shots, just because they contain the perfect blend of livery and masking of iRacing's "quirky" graphics... or in the INEX case, ignoring entirely of the iRacing environment quirks and some of the livery, but it makes an excellent 'action' picture.

However, I was under the impression it was to be a livery/skin contest so arty shots are pretty redundant in my opinion. How can you form a fair and logical opinion on which is the better livery if you can barely see it or it's obscured by something for some reason?

It is a shame that not all teams are represented and perhaps it would have been better to do an actual skin contest using a reference shot and just replacing the livery for 20 shots - same angle, same boat for everyone, then the team that "wins" (or is the largest) can either put forward several to vote on, or just submit whatever pic of their team/car they want.

Those are only my personal thoughts on this though, perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned this here and done it in the team managers bit and the lack of a TFR option probably renders a lot of my opinion... less valid than it should be.

Yeah Phillip, I like a lot your post and agree with most of it. But I sid that people voting has to take into consideration the artistic part of the picture aswell, not only the car skin.

About teams not present here, I just can say without exxageration that I asked to all the teams at least 20 times (yeah 20 if not even more... :whistling:) in the Team Managers forums or via e-mail to participate in the contest sending me a piture of it´s car. And I asked for it with many many time in advance the deadline to start the contest.

All in all I was the most interested people to have all the teams involved, because it would have been a much better contest, but I can´t chase or force people to do so, maybe for the Black Cup 2013 in September we have all 20 teams involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%