Status Report Season 2011

Hi everyone,

I will just give you a summary of what has happened behind the scenes and what needs to be done before the season can start.

As I said in my president opening post my objectives were to build the basics in 2010 still. And we managed that by putting the Calendar for the 2011 season together and have it voted by the teams. We also managed to set the final structure for the season.

What has been further going on happened behind the scenes so far.

We started the Mod development starting from the FSR 2010 Mod and reshaping the whole physics set to what is already a very nice Mod to drive. I can assure you it feels very different to the 2010 Mod and Setups cannot be used. It should also remove some of the problems people had with last years Mod handling, and probably create new, other ones, but a Mod that suits everyone wont ever be done.
The Chassis will be as promised 2009/2010 style, the Chassis and templates will be released to the public together with the first public Beta, which is scheduled for 15th February.

We also started working on the Broadcasts for the 2011 season. I have been in contact with all major broadcasting services and we will soon decide which one will be used this year, mainly depending on the maximum quality and best Streaming performance for our Viewers. Of course all 3 series will be covered with Broadcasts again.

The Press coverage was another big task for me when I started, and we made significant progress there, but in the end only the realization during the season can show if we´ve done our job there properly.

The rule package is also being prepared by our race directors. It wont have major changes just the little improvements that has to be done to fill the loopholes which exist in every rulebook.

For another thing you are probably very interested in I cannot give you an answer, due to too many unknowns regarding the FSR Budget we cannot calculate the Subscription Fees. But they will be published very soon as I´m aiming to open the registrations for the 2011 season on the 1st of March.
However you can expect them to be around the same like last year, but not higher.

So to give you a little overview about the coming deadlines:

15th February: FSR 2011 Mod-beta released to public, together with templates

28th February - 05th March: Final Modrelease

01st March: start of the Registrations

02nd April: Season Kickoff in Bahrain

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up, Ben. I was completely thrown because he started the word with a capitol letter, so I didn't know what to think. Surely he didn't mean setting up the cars was banned. lol

If we're using different shapes, will you do what we did after round 5 in 2008, and make the mod so that all teams regardless of shape use the same wheelbase and track[I think], otherwise different cars would have different physics?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.7%