1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Static Cameras

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by ALVAZ, Dec 12, 2009.

1. ALVAZ

ALVAZ

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Correct me if I m wrong, but the static cameras set by BTB, point everywhere but the place you want to, or at least, that is happening to me , maybe I have to click or unclick somewhere to make a camera be a real static camera pointed to a desired direction, if you know were to click, please tell.
    Anyway, for all those people who like not easy things, I propose this solution:

1-[FONT=&quot] 1- [/FONT]Set a static Camera, advise: if you set more than one, make a setting to recognize the different static cameras, in the step 3, I select the Radious, 20 “name 1”, 21 “name 2”, maybe this has no sense now, but in the 3 step you will understand it.
    2-[FONT=&quot] 2- [/FONT]Export the circuit.
    3-[FONT=&quot] 3- [/FONT]Cameras´ settings are stored in “name circuit”.cam, open it, search for static, and “voila”, it appears the first one, now go to orientation line, something like this appears
    [FONT=&quot]Orientation=(-0,149408961198418, -1,62191570812647, 0), i dont know, what the hell means, but transform into this [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Orientation=(0,0,0), that is (x,y,z)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]X coordinates that moves, camera up and down[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Y coordinates that moves, camera left and right[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Z coordinates that rolls the camera[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]4-[FONT=&quot] 4- [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save the file and load it into rfactor, now watch the cameras, now they should be pointed to a wrong direction, but they are not rolled!![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]5-[FONT=&quot] 5- [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]It s time to adjust, we have to put some orientation values, I think that here only values in radian units are allowed, so you must calculate how many degrees should be moved your camera and transform in to radians, easy 180 º are Pi number radians, 3.1416., which means, that if you need to move the camera 180 º, you tap this Orientation=(0,3.14,0), important: coordinates are separated by commas, numbers by points. Positive values, move anticlockwise, negatives clockwise.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]6-[FONT=&quot] 6- [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save file, reload, and check settings[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]7-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]7- Repeat step 5, until success!![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Hope it helps[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Regards[/FONT]

2. ALVAZ

ALVAZ

Ratings:
    +0
    I asume nobody knows the magic button in BTB to make a real static camera

not at all

3. woodn

woodn

Ratings:
    +1
    When adding a cam in BTB make sure your looking the same way you want the static cam to face.... Im guessing thats wht you asking.

4. ALVAZ

ALVAZ

Ratings:
    +0
    HI, NO!!that does not work, the camera always appears rolled, I ve tried, pointing and press "set current view",aswell, so...

REgards

5. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Ratings:
    +13
    I really dont get the problem your having with static cameras.

I have a static camera in my track, and it worked first time with no hiccups.

very strange

6. woodn

woodn

Ratings:
    +1

Either your doing something wrong or I'm doing something right, but thats the way it works for me

7. Ghoults

Ghoults

Ratings:
    +206
    I'm having this same problem with btb as well. The camera just appears rolled and pointed in wrong direction and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. The interface is really easy to use and checking where the camera should be pointing is really easy in btb as well. I think the camera tool in btb is great but I think there is a bug.

I made a post about it earlier. Included in the post is a btb project file. Open the track in btb, check where the cameras are looking then and export it into rf. Then load it in rf, drive it a bit and watch the replay. The cameras point in different direction than they were set up in btb:
    http://forum.racedepartment.com/bobs-track-builder/20171-cameras.html#post356988

8. ALVAZ

ALVAZ

Ratings:
    +0
    hi, so what happend with our BTB version?, I have 8.0.3., but it happenend with the others, I can not do a try out this morning, but could be the number of static cameras we set?, I have 3, maybe 1 ok, more than 2 roleed!!, It has no sense, I know but...

Ghoults: Did you try thr new method?, it is really a long way, knowing the others havent our problem, but it works for me.

Regards

9. Ralf Ääro

Ralf Ääro

Ratings:
    +87
    I have the same problem....really strange Oo

10. Ghoults

Ghoults

Ratings:
    +206
  11. RT1971

RT1971

Ratings:
    +0
    I did reply in the other thread aswell, but all works spot on for me, What I see in BTB I see in Rfactor.

12. MaxAttack

MaxAttack

Ratings:
    +0
    I downloaded the test track and it crashed. I changed a few things and it still crashed. So then i deleted all of the cams and placed my own cams and all was ok. I placed my cams by using the drive around the track mode and just pressed + for each cam. If you want me to upload the moded test track lettuce know. :cool: