1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Startup crash

Discussion in 'Racer Problems & Fixes' started by Resi Respati, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Hi,

I recently got interested in Racer and giving it a try. So I downloaded the latest non-CG version (0.6.5.5) and the newest version (0.8.14) just to try which one works better on my PC. As I tried to run the application, none of these versions worked on my computer.

For version 0.6.5.5, after running racer.exe for a few second the game crashes back immediately to desktop. I tried it again on fullscreen mode, it doesn't crash but it's not responding.

I tried the non-CG .exe file on version 0.8.14, it also crashes back to desktop, then I tried the CG version of racer0.8.14, there's an error message before crashing back to desktop:

Is it a bug, or it's just my old PC playing at me? :p

Thanks.

/Resi

2. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

What are your computer specs?

3. I had this PC since 2002. Pretty battered up after a series of powercuts last year :(

Manufacturer: INTEL_
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz
    Memory: 510MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 41 GB
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (Microsoft Corporation)
    Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
    Sound Card: C-Media Wave Device
    Speakers/Headphones: Altec Lansing
    Keyboard: USB Root Hub
    Mouse: USB Root Hub
    Mouse Surface: -
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.080814-1233)
    Motherboard: -
    Computer Case: -

4. Looks bad from here...a new pc isn't expensive anymore, for 400-600€ you got a good beast, I've build my system on my own...it's the best way to avoid getting f***** by pre-build computers which 99% of them, are composed of low cost components !

======================
    Phenom X4 9950 BE OC 2900MHZ
    OCZ Gold DDR2 4GB OC 1066MHZ
    Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H Rev2.0
    ATI HD 4870 1GB
    ATI HD 4670 1GB
    Corsair TX 750W
    Triple Screen 19" LCD 3x DVI
    XP SP 3
    G15 / G25
    ======================
    CryTek/Shift/Grid Modder / 3D Artist/Dev

5. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Try 0.8.13.. (or some other 0.8s) as the newest one seems to be quite buggy for some people.

Have a look around for a Racer release with Luthobu's optimised .ini, I think that they should work. If not, try 0.6.3 from here: http://www.tracciontrasera.es/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=75

And yeah. You need a new PC. My advise is build it yourself or try and get a motherboard bundle. Cheapest way. That's how I ended up with a computer that can run all the latest Racer versions and only cost me £210!

6. Last one I made available was for 0.8.10.. not had time to update the links.
    But with some tweaking it should work for newer versions (not 0814) too.

7. Still not working. I tried 0.6.3 today, once I started up racer.exe the window comes up but then a split-second later it disappeared :(

8. try version 0.7.3