Startup crash

Hi,

I recently got interested in Racer and giving it a try. So I downloaded the latest non-CG version (0.6.5.5) and the newest version (0.8.14) just to try which one works better on my PC. As I tried to run the application, none of these versions worked on my computer.

For version 0.6.5.5, after running racer.exe for a few second the game crashes back immediately to desktop. I tried it again on fullscreen mode, it doesn't crash but it's not responding.

I tried the non-CG .exe file on version 0.8.14, it also crashes back to desktop, then I tried the CG version of racer0.8.14, there's an error message before crashing back to desktop:

Fatal error - program will exit

DGPUShaderManager:MakeObject(data/renderer/shaders/shadowmap_debug_f.cg): can't create CG fragment shader program

CG ERROR : "The specified profile is unknown."

Is it a bug, or it's just my old PC playing at me? :p

Thanks.

/Resi

I had this PC since 2002. Pretty battered up after a series of powercuts last year :(

Manufacturer: INTEL_
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz
Memory: 510MB RAM
Hard Drive: 41 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (Microsoft Corporation)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card: C-Media Wave Device
Speakers/Headphones: Altec Lansing
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface: -
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.080814-1233)
Motherboard: -
Computer Case: -

Looks bad from here...a new pc isn't expensive anymore, for 400-600€ you got a good beast, I've build my system on my own...it's the best way to avoid getting f***** by pre-build computers which 99% of them, are composed of low cost components !

======================
Phenom X4 9950 BE OC 2900MHZ
OCZ Gold DDR2 4GB OC 1066MHZ
Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H Rev2.0
ATI HD 4870 1GB
ATI HD 4670 1GB
Corsair TX 750W
Triple Screen 19" LCD 3x DVI
XP SP 3
G15 / G25
======================
CryTek/Shift/Grid Modder / 3D Artist/Dev

Try 0.8.13.. (or some other 0.8s) as the newest one seems to be quite buggy for some people.

Have a look around for a Racer release with Luthobu's optimised .ini, I think that they should work. If not, try 0.6.3 from here: http://www.tracciontrasera.es/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=75

And yeah. You need a new PC. My advise is build it yourself or try and get a motherboard bundle. Cheapest way. That's how I ended up with a computer that can run all the latest Racer versions and only cost me £210!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back