• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Start from scratch with controller

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Bill Thayer, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Bill Thayer

Bill Thayer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +15
    How do I completely remove and start over with all my controller settings?
    I have deleted all my user data files and verified the game files a few times but the controller does not start fresh. There are some old settings left in there and I need to start over.
    Any ideas why I can't get rid of everything and start over? Perhaps there are files hiding somewhere.

2. schlitty

schlitty

Ratings:
    +97
    C:\Users\*your windows user name*\Documents\Automobilista

3. Bill Thayer

Bill Thayer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +15
    I know where to find the files, I does no good to start from scratch, I deleted the user data files and then verifyed the local files and they seemed gone, I even had to put in a new user name, but the old controller settings were still there.
    I want to get rid of all the old settings and start over.

4. Bill Thayer

Bill Thayer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +15
    No one? I'm thinking that there may be left over registry files that keep bringing up the settings.

5. Bill Thayer

Bill Thayer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +15
    SOLVED.....My G27 wheel with the shifter (because I need the extra buttons) was in gear, I moved it to neutral ans all is fine. I can now edit the inputs.

• Like Like x 1