1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Wanted!

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Nox, May 30, 2015.

1. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

I soon have to cut back on my role here at RD due to being rather busy, so we're currently looking for some staff to help out with running some of the daily club events on Stock Car Extreme. If there are some days you can help out, please send a PM to me (Nox).

Duties would include testing, creating and maintaining event threads, setting up race servers and being an admin in your races (You don't need to be present for all of them, but it helps).

Ideally we are looking for people who are regulars, consistent, and have the long term success of the club in mind.

Thanks all!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Sorry to hear this Andrew. Your work here has been superb and consistent and I hope you are not giving up running the SCE side of things for good.
    All the best.
    Andy

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Craig Patteson

Craig Patteson
    Natural Born Racer XB1 Gamertag RIPDazza8405 Premium Member

I could be interested will need to think about it

Sorry to hear your stepping aside even tho you may not be setting events up I hope to see you join in on a few races :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Yeah, I'll be around, I love it here.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Antmerino

Antmerino
    900grados.es

@Nox, I am grateful for life, thanks to the opportunity you gave me to belong to this community. I'm very busy lately and I can only just run from 21:00. but these are things that happen, I'm sure things will return to normal. I hope to see you in a race. If you come to Spain, do not forget to tell me

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. JeffL

JeffL
    Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good. Premium Member

And next time your in Alabam:D

7. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Thanks all, I appreciate all the kind words. I've made some good friends here, and I'm not going anywhere. I just need to cut back on the work load (I still plan to help out with stuff like future leagues, but I can no longer keep up with the daily stuff). The main point is to find some great people to keep the club running :thumbsup: I don't want the thread to turn into a thread about me ;)

• Love Love x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

I can help whoever takes over RD's second finest club with testing, maintaining event threads, running lobbies and other small stuff if needed. Can't commit to run the club since i'm busy with HistorX.
    Thanks for your time as "Puppetmaster" Andrew, you did a top job! :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Thanks Jarek; keep an eye on the SCE staff thread as the club plans get ironed out :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

11. Craig Patteson

Craig Patteson
    Natural Born Racer XB1 Gamertag RIPDazza8405 Premium Member

Yeah I know it's just something I need to decide if I had enough time I see my son 3 times a week and work shift work so don't wanna say yes to somthing I mite not be able to forfill

• Beer Beer x 1
  12. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis
    Premium Member

For some time now I've been coming back to this section of RD to find me a good race but whenever I find a race I'm interested in I only see a few signups.
    I don't really enjoy small a grid so I usually wait till the very last day to see if more ppl signed but usually no.

Not too long I ago I remember almost every race had 20+ drivers, less then 15 was very uncommon, reserve spots were often filled.

Now to the question, where did everyone go? Another sim? Another site?
    GSCE is my favourite sim and RD is the only place I know of where to find races, but without drivers there isn't much of a race, is there?

13. JeffL

JeffL
    Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good. Premium Member

There are probably a bunch of variables, but I think one would be that we went to 7 day club and this split up a club with just enough numbers to make things interesting. It may pay off in the future but presently I think it put a dent in the numbers. Just a guess.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. SOLO59

SOLO59
    Premium Member

Not signing up for a club event until the day of, or the day before, is one of the biggest reasons as to why sign ups are so low. RD staff has already advise RD members more than once, "not to sign up last minute!!! Signing up early will encourage others to signup up." Signing up as early as you can shouldn't be an option.... you should just do it!

The V8 league is over, so like I mentioned over at the FClassic club event scheduled for this Tuesday night, drivers will need to maintain their driving skills, so look for the club sign up numbers to rise!

Clearly, RD needs more staff to help out with organizing these events daily... I want to help out, but I need to think about it as commitment is key in order to become a RD staff member. More staff means more time to consider really really really good track/car combos. Track/car combos are really important when it comes to drawing large grids for the clubs. We need to run more modded content, but that would require a lot of testing. If we all pitch in, we could have people working different departments to do testing, responding to questions/inquiries/assistance, posting club events, etc...... this is too much work for one person to keep up. Man I wish I had a simple 9-5 Mon - Fri:roflmao:

Thank you @Nox for all you have done. And thank you @Dennis Phelan for everything you are doing/have done.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Spot on @SOLO59 it's the same nasty simsheep that ruins public servers. See here.

And dedicated volunteers are more than welcome to join our staff team. And don't worry, you don't need to run 7 events per week. The more people that form a solid staff group the easier it goes.

Would love to help but I can't be at 10 places at the same time ;)

16. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium Member

I would be more than happy to volunteer my time as a tester for future events.
    @Bram Hengeveld You can put me down for that. Depending how things go, I may offer to do more.

How I see it (for now) is that we seem to have the following
    Tuesday: Open wheel night
    Thursday: Touring Cars
    Sunday: Slidey Sunday (Vee, Opala, etc)

I think we could go with one more night for now (Saturday would be my suggestion) which could be anything (Stock, M18, Mini, Karts, mods) and the event itself should also be mixed (2x20, 45/60, etc). The Stock race at Ipswich to reflect the V8 Supercar format was a great idea and we should have more events that reflect real life events.

Rather than having one staff member do everything, perhaps we need 3/4 people each doing a little bit here and there

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Antmerino

Antmerino
    900grados.es

One thing, is possible to change the start hour? now a days is very early, obviously the people have to work later.
    With the current timetable , in my case, is not possible to participate in any race.
    I think that is the same problem to many people.

If the race can start , more or less, at 19:30 gmt, it will be good (for me)

Thanks.

18. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

18:00 starts were the best, after a year of trialling. Changing it for later wouldn't help. Additionally, the second races start at around 19:00 so then it means people from both sides of Europe can run. 19:30 is already 10.30pm my time, South Africa time, eastern Europe, and later for the middle East.

19. Antmerino

Antmerino
    900grados.es

http://www.timebie.com/std/madrid.php?q=21.5
    Yes, but ...
    In Spain is 9:30 pm. In Spain the most people, can to leave work, more or less to 18:30 gmt (20:30 pm in Spain).

HistorX Club, for example, starts the first race at 19:30 GMT.
    and
    R3E Racing Club, starts the first race at 20:00 GMT.
    Only is a possibility

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  20. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium Member

No matter what time you set the races to, it will never suit everyone.