1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Sprint Night - 08 January 2009

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Andrew Evans, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU
    Password: click here

Sprint 1: Corvette C5 R @ Ledenon [1.0] [1.1 patch]
    Sprint 2: Formula BMW @ Oschersleben B-Course 06
    Sprint 3: Caterham CSR200 @ Zolder [1.0]
    Weather: Dry

Start: 20:00 GMT
    Practice: 20 mins
    Qualification: 10 mins superpole
    Race: 1 x 10 laps

Notes:

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Make sure you apply the 1.1 patch to Ledenon!

2. Entrylist:
    1. Andrew Evans
    2. Stuart Thomson
    3. Matt Croucher
    4. John Bergqvist
    5. Gary Lennon
    6. Neil Tennant
    7. Jeroen van Toorn
    8. Sergiusz Radecki
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
    Reserves:
    1. Keith Barrick *
    2. Driver
    3. Driver
    4. Driver
    5. Driver

3. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

Well, I was going to have a night off, but this is just too tempting.

Signy uppy, pls :good:

4. arr gowan then (^^watch out for your suspension in front)

might be a bit late

5. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

That, of course, is jumping to the assumption that I'm going to be in front....

6. Short notice, but sign me up plz!

7. For me this makes good so yash for me plez.

8. Neil Tennant

Neil Tennant
    @ Simberia @Simberia

omg yes weeeee sign me ups :D

9. If I am back from this pick up in time I will race with you guys.

Throw me on reserves. I will join the server when I make it home.

10. Sign me up for this plz. Seems like it'll be fun.

11. sign me up please:)
    it will be my first race here;)

12. server will be up in about 15-20 mins :thumb:

13. ok, server is up....

as with all these short notice events, no need for any more signups... if you fancy a race and there's space in the room - just jump on in! :good:

14. ok, I'm ready for the action :dance2:

15. in plz
    :rotfl:

16. Low numbers,but big fun.

The C5R at Ledanon was a tricky handful,i was very pleased to do 10 decent paced laps with no spins or "moments".
    FBMW was also nice at Oschers B,again pleased to run the distance without any of my usual FBMW howlers.
    Cats at Zolder were the treat for dessert,just settling in nicely through lap one and cross the line to start lap two and.........POP!** Mini Dumped...

Cheers Andrew for filling the blank night with some clever challenges,Thanks to all the gent racers who showed up and enjoyed some good club spirit,and racing,ofcourse thanks to RD.

17. game didn't count my last lap at Zolder, I crossed the line but everybody else were frozen to me :disapointed:

what did you saw guys because I'm a bit confused about the results :)

18. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Well - possibly my most productive RD night result wise - 4th, 2nd, 4th, and due to some excellent car/track choices one of the most fun too. :D

The 2nd was after starting from the back due to averagepole nausage. Very satisfying. :good:

Cheers Andrew & RD.

19. Well couldn't get 1st race, but joined for 2nd/FBMW....

Qually 9th, finished 5th, happy man :)

3rd race/cats, was really tough, but qually 7th, first time on track I might add, hehe but got bumped twice by same guy, who didnt seem to know where the brakes are!!! But muscled in some good form and had a nice 3 way battle for the last few laps..

Andy sorry for almost crashing into you about 3 times, but good battle!!

Well done to the top finishers, you got talent!!

Again many thanks to Admin and RD for these professional organised events....

Respect

20. woop. Some fun events.

First car was the hardest to handle and on a track I'd never tried before, quite tricky to remember the line with so many slow corners :wink2:. I think we all swapped places a few times in the race. Got to the final lap, final corner, coming on to the straight.... bam into the tyre barrier. Just wasn't paying enough attention... lost at least one front wheel and my race was over... vombl [volvo on my bed laughing]. Was in 7th or 8th before crossing the finish anyway I think.

In the FBMW I managed to sneak 4th place in quali and ended up third by the end of the first lap. Then on the second lap I made a tiny stupid mistake and ended up sliding in to a wall. Crippled my FBMW :violin:by losing the front wing and spent the rest of the race behind eeevans going very slowly round the corners... well not so much round the corners as straight on through the corners... Think I came 7th ish

Cats @ Zolder was the best combo I think. Thankfully I had at least tried this track in GTL before :). My line through the first few corners was really letting me down though, and generally lingered around the same place through the race.. Michael overtook me at one point and was getting ahead but a mysterious power sent him off the track into a tumbly doom. Through various incidents I was gifted third place and another podium finish in 2 days! (not that I deserved them ;)). When I crossed the finish line my car went into a wild unstoppable spin, hit the barrier and started going at -2147mph... minidump :poop:

Thanks everyone, was a pretty wicked event innit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.