Spotter AddOn & Latest Update

Hey guys..After the latest update the spotter addon doesn't work anymore and it crashes the game for me, don't know if it's because the userdata folder is now in C drive. I have tried different scenarios but couldn't make it work. Have any of you guys worked around with this?

I had a few plugin issues that I solved by using mklink to make a link between the two locations.

In my case, as I don't use UAC, my user data is still in steam\AMS\userdata. So I made a link to it in c:\users\me\documents\AMS\userdata. Plugins looking for data in either location will always be able to find it. Perhaps you could do the opposite and use mklink to make a link from c:\users\you\documents\AMS\userdata to steam\AMS\userdata.

I had a few plugin issues that I solved by using mklink to make a link between the two locations.

In my case, as I don't use UAC, my user data is still in steam\AMS\userdata. So I made a link to it in c:\users\me\documents\AMS\userdata. Plugins looking for data in either location will always be able to find it. Perhaps you could do the opposite and use mklink to make a link from c:\users\you\documents\AMS\userdata to steam\AMS\userdata.
I will try your suggestion. Thanks.
edit: I'm not really good with computer and I'm going to learn this as I go through it. If I want to revert back do I just delete the folder?

Last edited:
Try this (obviously change the path names to suit):
mklink /D "...\Steam\steamapps\common\AMS\userdata" "C:\Users\mkel1966\Documents\Automobilista\userdata"

This will create a link to your AMS userdata in the AMS installation. But the data will still be in C:\Users\mkel1966\Documents\Automobilista\userdata as well. So plugins looking for userdata in either location will be able to find it. If you decide you don't want the link in the AMS installation, just delete it, it won't delete the original data in C:

Try this (obviously change the path names to suit):
mklink /D "...\Steam\steamapps\common\AMS\userdata" "C:\Users\mkel1966\Documents\Automobilista\userdata"

This will create a link to your AMS userdata in the AMS installation. But the data will still be in C:\Users\mkel1966\Documents\Automobilista\userdata as well. So plugins looking for userdata in either location will be able to find it. If you decide you don't want the link in the AMS installation, just delete it, it won't delete the original data in C:
At first it gives me several errors, when I tried with admin privilages it gives me this - "c:\windows\system32>" -don't know where to go from there..went back to the first one with error message -"cannot link on same destination folder name"(somewhat, not sure), till I gave up on it. I remembered spotter plugin crashes the game for me as what I read other guys have the same problem, too. I'm just going to settle for the virtual rearview mirrors for now till the next update. Thank you very much for your help.

I don't know what to tell you, I've got UAC on too, just make sure that the config ini file in your Spotter folder is pointing to the correct location for the PLR file.
If it's not too much to ask, could you upload a snapshot of what you change on which line? I tried to do it but, but I must say, I'm too old and stupid about this stuff. Don't really know how to do it:confused:.
edit: Your other suggestion worked(which is easier for me:D). I copied just my file folder from C drive to AMS userdata. I'm a happy camper again. Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back