• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Sports Car GT

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Catlin, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Catlin

Catlin

Ratings:
    +7
    [​IMG]

Anybody played this gem?

Was thinking about digging out my old copy and installing, does anybody know if it works well with modern systems?

2. dazkat

dazkat

Ratings:
    +0
    Fantastic Game it was my first ever racing game on PC. Dont think i have it anymore would love to play it again.

3. millen

millen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +125
    Yeah, I have this, was the first racing game I played with my very first Steering wheel.

Dragged it out the other day when all the GTR2 stuff went up on the RD site, didn't end up installing though as I wasn't sure just how well it would work with modern equipment....

4. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +109
    I was looking for racing games for Fpse on my phone and I thought about this, but I remember it being pretty hard. I was in college and I saw this game for sale on a vendor's table and had to get it. I subsequently bought it on PC and that's probably how I discovered mods. ah...

5. Grippy

Grippy

Ratings:
    +0
    This game is ancient hahah. I still have my copy I got from a friend. Played it to death when PS2 was all the rage. It'd be quite dated today, but I do like how it had the Panoz and Jaguar XJ220 Race cars IIRC, amongst others. Fun game.

6. Ghoults

Ghoults

Ratings:
    +233
    It was a decent game back in the day. Suffered from the icy spins like all isi engined games back then but it had fun career mode. It should work with wheel and pedals (although probably not if your wheels and pedals are separate). Not sure of ffb. And typical of all isi games you can probably change lots of stuff with notepad. And I'd imagine the files are pretty familiar if you have spent time with rfactor/gtr files before.

It might be difficult to get it to work on modern operating systems. Although I think there are ways to get it to work. I remember watching some youtube videos where they have got it to run on modern hardware. I think the game also had lots of mods for it. Cars at least.

(maybe also try viper racing?)