rF2 Sports Car Challenge @ Le Mans - 14 December 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Mehmet Arslan

Well, it was a dissapointment for me, i think i was practising on the server i think 1,5 hour. I was testing the car and trying to get it up to speed, finally when i got the car good i qualified 3rd with just a few minutes left.

Then when the race started we first had to do the formation lap, i think half way the formation lap someone forgot to use his brakes and touched me from behind, my rear wing flew off, now u know what that means :).

Then when the safety car was gone i was like im going to try anyway, but i was wrong, in the first corner my car immediatly spinned. So i had to give up the race.

But still, its a shame that u can get ur car broken in a formation lap, u should keep safe distance from the car infront of u, but that wasnt the case, cars were so close to eachother that it was just asking for accidents, anyway, i was really looking forward to this race, too bad it ended up this way.

I think there must be strict rules about formation laps, all u have to do is keep the distance, maybe its better not to use the formation lap again and just start racing rightaway :).

It would of been a good battle with you Toni

This would of been an amazing event, (Nice idea Andrew)only 8 people showed up and now there is only 1 person left.
There was only me and Rocha Left on the server and there was a gap of about 50 seconds.
So i decided to leave:(
Also that time scale is amazing going through the Night at Le Mans it looked awesome :D

Edit: Also please be careful on the formation lap

Well, it was a dissapointment for me, i think i was practising on the server i think 1,5 hour. I was testing the car and trying to get it up to speed, finally when i got the car good i qualified 3rd with just a few minutes left.

Then when the race started we first had to do the formation lap, i think half way the formation lap someone forgot to use his brakes and touched me from behind, my rear wing flew off, now u know what that means :).

Then when the safety car was gone i was like im going to try anyway, but i was wrong, in the first corner my car immediatly spinned. So i had to give up the race.

But still, its a shame that u can get ur car broken in a formation lap, u should keep safe distance from the car infront of u, but that wasnt the case, cars were so close to eachother that it was just asking for accidents, anyway, i was really looking forward to this race, too bad it ended up this way.

I think there must be strict rules about formation laps, all u have to do is keep the distance, maybe its better not to use the formation lap again and just start racing rightaway :).

Mehmet,

It was completely my fault and I feel really, really bad. As in terrible -- because I know what it feels like when it happens to me after putting in a bunch of time to get familiar with a mod. I was being really careful, but evidently not careful enough. I kept getting messages about getting in line behind you and I was afraid I was going to be DQ'd so I think I sped up too much and looked away for just a fraction of a second and couldn't slow down enough for that right hander. I would have apologized at the time, but I didn't see your wing fly off until I watched the replay. Had I known I would have also pulled into the pits at the start. I'm an idiot and apologize again. Sorry!!

• Mehmet Arslan

Mehmet,

It was completely my fault and I feel really, really bad. As in terrible -- because I know what it feels like when it happens to me after putting in a bunch of time to get familiar with a mod. I was being really careful, but evidently not careful enough. I kept getting messages about getting in line behind you and I was afraid I was going to be DQ'd so I think I sped up too much and looked away for just a fraction of a second and couldn't slow down enough for that right hander. I would have apologized at the time, but I didn't see your wing fly off until I watched the replay. Had I known I would have also pulled into the pits at the start. I'm an idiot and apologize again. Sorry!!

AAh mate, u are not an idiot, things like this just happens, what i have learned in the short time of my simcareer is not to be angry about incidents, only when its done on purpose :).
Thats why i only said tnx for breaking my wing,lol. Anyway, cu on track.

• Steve Parker

was it just me or were the headlights useless,couldnt see more than 5 yards lol.even turned lights off thinking they wernt on :disapointed:,went dark too early,maybe get few laps in daylight first might be better,good fun though.:highfive:

was it just me or were the headlights useless,couldnt see more than 5 yards lol.even turned lights off thinking they wernt on :disapointed:,went dark too early,maybe get few laps in daylight first might be better,good fun though.:highfive:

Steve I agree about the time scale it was way to fast, night time was already over in the first 15 mins:( the headlights were okay, I thought the headlights were quite realistic

AAh mate, u are not an idiot, things like this just happens, what i have learned in the short time of my simcareer is not to be angry about incidents, only when its done on purpose :).
Thats why i only said tnx for breaking my wing,lol. Anyway, cu on track.

lol. You are a generous and understanding man my friend. I will go from very careful to super extra careful the next time. :)
I absolutely did prepare for the race, but then to do something like this... It's one thing to drive your "ownself" into a wall, but this on the formation lap? I'm going to go crawl into a hole somewhere.

It would of been a good battle with you Toni

This would of been an amazing event, (Nice idea Andrew)only 8 people showed up and now there is only 1 person left.
There was only me and Rocha Left on the server and there was a gap of about 50 seconds.
So i decided to leave:(
Also that time scale is amazing going through the Night at Le Mans it looked awesome :D

Edit: Also please be careful on the formation lap

Yes. And your gap is because i start in last and need to pass the guys.

By the way, there are pits to repair the cars!

What racers we have. Can´t finish in first, so give up!

It was a great race. Next time, try to finish. This is a long race.

Because I don´t want race alone for 1 hour I give up after 2 more laps.

Remember: To finish first you must first finish

Yes. And your gap is because i start in last and need to pass the guys.

By the way, there are pits to repair the cars!

What racers we have. Can´t finish in first, so give up!

It was a great race. Next time, try to finish. This is a long race.

Because I don´t want race alone for 1 hour I give up after 2 more laps.

Remember: To finish first you must be finnish

hahhah, fixed it for you Mario :laugh2:

Sorry I missed this one guys - I had to dash out quickly before the practice.. :( - I spent hours practising with these cars too! I'm first in line if there's another event with the ALMS Sports Car mod BTW :D

Had a race to forget. Got done for pit lane speeding and then could not serve penalty which eventually lead to DQ. Was looking good for a win :laugh2: as I rapidly adapted my strategy to try to be the last man on track considering the attrition rate it looked like as long as I was still on track I had a chance. It may have been a short race but it had drama all the way thru and despite everything I still left with a smile on my face. Until the next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%