rF2 Spirit of 76 @ Misano - Friday 8th July, 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
So76.jpg
Server name:
RACEDEPT.COM So76
Class: Spirit of 76 mod (Download) - Race 1 - Fiat X-1/9 Dallara | Race2 - Lotus Europa
Track: Misano
Practice1 start time:
GMT 19.00 (20 min)
Quali1 start time: GMT 19.20 (10 min - 3 lap limit)
Warm-up1 start time: GMT 19.30 (3 min)
Race1 start time: GMT 19.35 (25 min)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Practice2 start time: GMT 20.00 (20 min)
Qualification2 start time: GMT 20.20 (10 min - 3 lap limit)
Warm-up2 start time: GMT 20.30 (3 min)
Race2 start time: GMT 20.35 (25 min)

Upgrades: All allowed

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

[signuplist]151[/signuplist]

As it's the first run out for this mod (I'll run 4 consecutive Fridays in July with it), we'll keep the races to be single make ones for this event. As the 2 cars in the mod are English & Italian (Lotus & Fiat), I'll stick to alternating Italian and English tracks for the 4 events.

And yes, I'm aware of the Imola 60s / Spirit of 76 time clash :good:

The venue will be changed for this race - found a nasty invisible object/obstacle that destroyed my car, even though I had 4 wheels fully on the racing surface. That won't do.

Ok, this see how this went.

1. the numbers were low, I say that didn't matter and peeps lost out on some cracking racing.
2. only 2 cars to drive, well you can't drive more than 1 in a race & to me both cars are fantastic.
3. track was great.

All in all I had loads of fun tonight & can't wait until next week to drive these cars again.

Thanks Thommo/RD & thanks to all you guys that showed up tonight, good on ya.

:D Agree with you now Bob but at first I almost signed out after offline practice last night because I couldn't get around the track in the Lotus :wink: but after a while I figured it out a bit and wow I could drive it like I stole it... which means my times improved. I found the Fiat had less of a learning curve and at the end of event 1, I was not that far behind the leaders time wise, compared to my past history. Come race 2 I was slow to adjust from the Fiat to the Lotus but halfway through the event I began to get the hang of her again using some advise from Bob and Stu. Unfortunately I had one off track experience very early in that race, although I thought I had control of the situation as it happened but to my surprise I slid off and that put me 20 plus seconds behind the pack. No one up front made any major misstakes, mistaskes, mistakes because of the very elite field of drivers but to find something positive I was very close to the average pace for the remainder of the race.

I'm ready now for the next event. Thanks to Stu, WD Hans, cheers to all drivers and winners.

Racing with a small group an having big fun ,new cars an new track (for me than) to much trouble with the Fiat bud a great race with the Lotus P2 in Q an even had the lead for a short time but could not hold that, it was a long time a go I run on P 1 lol...

Looking forward to the next Race !!

Thanks Stuart great cars,an thanks to my fallow race drivers !!

Taking this as a test event, I think it went very well.

2 superbly driveable cars, well matched and balanced timewise on Misano, I suspect the Lotus is slightly gruntier out of the 2, and this coming Fridays track (Essington GP) will probably suit it a little better than the Fiat.

I had a ball racing both these cars, this mod is a definite keeper.

A double win for me, but I suspect (I am totally sure) that I was beneficiary of some accident based waiting in both races to allow me to get in front.

Looking forward to Friday's run already.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 111 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 87 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 116 13.4%