Spinning off

It seems that after any tight tight turns my FWD cars tend to spin off a lot leaving a long black thread behind. I am assuming it is an unwanted behavior for several reasons (tyres usages=obvious, lap times=the tyre is spinning but the car not really moving proportionally). What would be the best setup/driving adjustment to reduce that?? (of course getting on the throttle gently helps)

• rafa28

Eric, i couldn't tell by your post whether your FWD car is understeering or oversteering. If it's oversteering, then try softening the rear end in general(Tyres, suspension etc...). If it's understeering, then try the opposite(Softening the front end). I'm no mechanic, but it usually works great for me and i don't have to go too deep into setup.

• Mikkow

BTW, I also lowered the Throttle sensitivity from 100% to 50% and that made a HUGE difference!! Thanks guys!

50% is the default, a completely linear application of the throttle when you press the pedal. If you had it at 100% it would have been enormously twitchy (applying way too much too fast even though the pedal isn't pressed much at all) when you first start to press it, and very unresponsive near the bottom of the pedal travel. 0% is the opposite (I have that on my brakes). I'm glad you found the problem :)

Btw, you never went back to review your G25 in that other thread when I recommended it to you. But no matter, it's pretty obvious what you think about it anyway :)

I find that a little bit of experimentation here is the key

I was doing the same as the poster orginally, but if you get in too hot, dont turn the wheel more and apply power, let the coast diff just pull you in.

Somewhere like Druids it happens a lot, you go in real hard, bang it down a couple and then just come off everything, let the diff pull you in without touching the wheel much and then you will be ready to apply power, though Druids is a bugger coz of the bumps! You ahve to roll the power there to stop wheelspin!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back