1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

PC spiking

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by Piet Dekimpe, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Piet Dekimpe

Piet Dekimpe

Ratings:
    +55
    Sorry for the stupid question, but what exactly is spiking and what are its effects? Do you lose FFB due to it?
    I set all deadzones to 0. I read here on the forum that deadzone is better on 5 to prevent spiking, but i feel that 0 gives me better throttle and brake control.

2. Chris Harris

Chris Harris

Ratings:
    +22
    Its actually quite hard to explain in words but i'll give it a go!

Say your holding your wheel dead straight at position 0, the system will pick up "spikes" to the left and right and flick between say -0.2 and +0.2. This normally only happens with cheaper wheels and pads. What controller/wheel are you using? The G25/G27 may need some deadzone added to stop the system picking up the spikes but the T500/Fanatecs and direct drive wheels shouldn't need any.

This can also happen with potentiometer based pedals, say your holding your throttle pedal open at 50% the system picks up anything between 45% and 65% and it doesnt hold steady.

3. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +906
    Does my TX need deadzone? and what does the deadzone removal range and falloff do, should they be at zero?

4. Piet Dekimpe

Piet Dekimpe

Ratings:
    +55
    Thanks for the reply, I use a G27, will experiment a bit with the deadzones...

5. Chris Harris

Chris Harris

Ratings:
    +22
    I dont think your TX should need a wheel deadzone.

Not sure about the deadzone removal range and falloff, maybe @bmanic could help with this. He seems pretty good with the FFB stuff in pCars?

6. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +906
    Thanks
    Thanks Chris, I know Bmanic has removal and falloff at 0.03 and 0.02 but I don't know what that means in relation to deadzone.