1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC spiking

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by Piet Dekimpe, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Sorry for the stupid question, but what exactly is spiking and what are its effects? Do you lose FFB due to it?
    I set all deadzones to 0. I read here on the forum that deadzone is better on 5 to prevent spiking, but i feel that 0 gives me better throttle and brake control.

2. Its actually quite hard to explain in words but i'll give it a go!

Say your holding your wheel dead straight at position 0, the system will pick up "spikes" to the left and right and flick between say -0.2 and +0.2. This normally only happens with cheaper wheels and pads. What controller/wheel are you using? The G25/G27 may need some deadzone added to stop the system picking up the spikes but the T500/Fanatecs and direct drive wheels shouldn't need any.

This can also happen with potentiometer based pedals, say your holding your throttle pedal open at 50% the system picks up anything between 45% and 65% and it doesnt hold steady.

3. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Does my TX need deadzone? and what does the deadzone removal range and falloff do, should they be at zero?

4. Thanks for the reply, I use a G27, will experiment a bit with the deadzones...

5. I dont think your TX should need a wheel deadzone.

Not sure about the deadzone removal range and falloff, maybe @bmanic could help with this. He seems pretty good with the FFB stuff in pCars?

6. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanks Chris, I know Bmanic has removal and falloff at 0.03 and 0.02 but I don't know what that means in relation to deadzone.