1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Speed limit(er) in Formula Truck

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by Claudio Gandolfi, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Claudio Gandolfi

Claudio Gandolfi
    Pheripheral consumer Premium Member

Thank you Reiza for this title great as i ever thought it would be.
    Just one thing: where is the 160km/h limiter option?
    Maybe in next release...? :unsure:

2. maybe in Brazil is not used

3. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

No, not a limiter :) This is way to cool, and we can not die in the game anyway :p

It's awesome. The driving is intense, and very enjoyable. Really like it, and already know for sure I did the right thing by purchasing it :) This is a Need to Have for me.

• Like Like x 3
  4. yep!

EDIT:
    yes, there is speed limiter http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fórmula_Truck
    maybe it is during races, for now i have done only practise

5. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

It's not in the game with the races. Same as in practice from what I saw yesterday. Perhaps it's a setting we can do in the server side.
    Will look into it, but as said, I really like it the way it is now. Expecially with longer tracks, the speed is so cool :)

6. ok but the game must be realistic, so in races there must be speed limiter

7. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

So, there is no speed limitER, but a speed LIMIT. Slight difference, as it's the responsibility of the drivers as it seems :).

8. mmm, strange they have to be so exactly without en electronic help, in races also 2 km/h make difference, anyway there is something to tweek because AI overtake the speed limit

9. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

As we where getting kinda offtopic, I split the thread into a new one.

Not sure what was intended with the game, but as I read it, there is no limiter around. IMO, there should be a setting or something you should be able to set, to make the AI behave as well.

10. Yeah I was just noticing this... but again only a practice so far. Would be odd having the entire race with no enforced speed limit.

11. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

In the actual series, they use a single radar gun in each track, usually at the fastest straight, at which point drivers have to hit the brakes to pass under 160km/h. Everywhere else, they are unlimited and can go as fast as it will go. There is no speed limiter on the Trucks themselves.

Currently we have no plans to implement the radar feature - it´s basically one realism feature the game can do without.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Thanks Reiza, for confirming. Appreciate the quick reaction again :).

I am glad to hear this actually. Would be such a shame if we would have to restrict ourselves to 160. Would be such a waste of beautiful power :p

• Like Like x 1
  13. ugh, I disagree. would be nice to have the opponents penalized for speeding from time to time. keeps you concentrated too. probably not so easy to implement though, so perhaps we'll have to do without it.

14. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

I was talking about the general speed limiter. Not about 1 single point, as in real life.

The last I would like, but can understand that its almost impossible to make. An overall speed limit of 160 is something I do not like :)

15. It could be some sort of second pitlane at 160km/h, I hope REIZA could develop this feature for simulation's sake even if I understand game can do without

16. Claudio Gandolfi

Claudio Gandolfi
    Pheripheral consumer Premium Member

Ok, thanks for answer and rules explanation.
    High speed is enjoyable on sim (and risks free), but radar pistol
    is a very interesting option, over realism question also ;)

17. I'm fine without... but I personally would love to see a hard limit of 160 km/h as an option. Glad to get exact information about this though. Thanks Reiza.