Spectator mode overlays: an early example

J-F Chardon

SimBin Studios
J-F Chardon submitted a new resource:

Spectator mode overlays: an early example - Get started with Spectator overlays in RaceRoom

Hello everyone!

Yesterday's round of the DTM championship in RaceRoom was streamed on Twitch by two members of the community Sebastian Gerhard and Sascha Brandenburg. They used a quickly put together set of widgets that we thought we'd just make public so people have already an idea how it's all working and start fiddling. We keep working on this to publish something more complete and documented.

In the meantime, if you have an interest for it, you'll probably enjoy poking at this first...

Read more about this resource...

Before anyone hurts me, this doesn't really qualify as a mod, but was the only way I found to attach a .zip... Tried to create a regular forum thread and .zip would never go. Hoping I did the right thing here.

J-F Chardon updated Spectator mode overlays: an early example with a new update entry:

Updated with Automatic Director logic

Attached is the latest small update which includes an updated director widget.

The new auto director widget works by fetching as much data as possible for each driver and based on rules they are awarded "points". The driver with the most amount of points at any given time is deemed the most interesting and will be the focus of the camera.

It should be rather easy to tweak/add/remove new rules, inside there is some debug code to make it a bit easier to reason...

Read the rest of this update entry...

J-F Chardon updated Spectator mode overlays: an early example with a new update entry:

007 Update

New update:
  • Lower weighting of overall grid positions
  • Add more weight to fights
  • Add more weight to "alreadyHasFocus" so shots should be longer
  • Add a cool down so if hood cam is used wait 60sec until it can be used again, also tighten the distance cars need to be to initiate hood cam
  • Only display best lap time purple in results, not the rest of the line
  • Fix issue where global and personal sector bests only use...

Added live track maps

New release, this one contains:
  • Track map showing positions on map as well as a speed trap showing the best top speed for the duration the window has been active.
  • Added the ability to get the information autoDirector was using to make decisions without having it switch the camera for you. Called it "Director suggestions". Hopefully this gives extra info to broadcasters during qualifications.
[COLOR=rgb(20, 20,...[/SIZE]

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 142 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%