Special events changed after patch?

Hoksu

Premium
Several of the laptime special events have become very easy after the 1.16 patch, with time requirements increasing by several seconds. Down the Hatch, Let it Scream, British Racing Green, just a few examples. Green Flash is now laughable, 2:06 at Monza with Huracan GT3? There is no way that can be intended, also patch notes say nothing about adjusting special events, so what's up with that?

Yes, they rebalanced the special events without mentioning it in the patch notes. It's probably to make sure that literally everybody can grab the remaining achievements at this point.

Yes, they rebalanced the special events without mentioning it in the patch notes. It's probably to make sure that literally everybody can grab the remaining achievements at this point.
Since when are special events there to hand out achievements to everyone? I thought the point was that they are challenging to most players. That's completely gone now with those that have been "rebalanced".

Something needs to be done about this. It looks like the required times have changed on just about every single hotlap event before the new bonus pack 3 and they are now so ridiculously easy that you can smash the gold time by several seconds without even properly practising.

I had already golded every hotlap event before this update, so it's not like it wasn't possible to do or something along those lines. I actually felt quite proud that I was able to do these events when most of them were proper challenges. Now the hotlaps feel simply pointless, since the achievements are more or less worthless at the moment.

One of the most blatant examples of this is the hotlap event "Roots" with the Porsche 718 RS 60 Spyder around Silverstone 1967. When I did the event it took me a solid couple days to practise before finally nailing a lap that was just enough to get the gold achievement and I still remember how rewarding it felt after that. The lap I did for gold was 1:52.799. Now I could barely believe my eyes when I saw that the new gold time is 2:01.000... Over 8 seconds on a sub two-minutes lap! I literally don't now if I should laugh or cry, the times just don't make any sense now. It's so frustrating and simply quite sad to see.

The gold achievements should not be available to everyone. It should reward those who actually put the effort into it, and who are willing to learn the differences of each car/track combo. It should be earned, not just given.

I have not yet tried all the new events, but atleast the Huracan Performante @ Laguna Seca was a properly enjoyable challenge to gold, and I only managed to do it by slightly over a tenth. I just can't understand why this has happened with all the other events. I sincerely hope that this somehow wasn't done intentionally.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 248 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 163 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%