• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

AU Special Event: Enduro lite MetalMoro AJR @Road America - Sun 03DEC17

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Clubs & Leagues' started by Jamie, Nov 27, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 03-12-17
  1. Pappa_G_27

Pappa_G_27
    Premium

Ratings:
    +37
    Nick, take it from someone very new to online racing, that if damage in the club races was on 100%, i doubt i'd finish a race for a good while until i build up the skills to stop making mistakes, and slamming into walls. If that was the case, i probably wouldn't bother doing these club races and just continue racing the AI where i can restart if i want.

Sure i'll get better over time,and won't need the low damage multiplier. But then, i'd probably be having a lot less fun, and learn a lot slower. These club races give a chance to us newbies to learn how to race against fellow racers online, and at least allow us to finish the race if we do make a mistake. From my understanding these club races are meant to be about having fun and learning off each other, league racing is if you want to get a bit more serious. We don't all have the time to be practice and be perfect, nor do some of us have the skill to.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Fred Locklear

Fred Locklear
    Moving bollard Premium

Ratings:
    +723
    Ya, I was the one who he hit when he came back on track. I got bumped twice, and the second time it knocked me over into Jamie. Just out of self preservation I backed off the throttle to get out of the predicament.

All of this happened before the start/finish line. I shouldn't have to be the one who has to back out of a situation when someone else makes a bad move. Although nothing major happened, it had the potential to have taken all three of us out.

I am pretty sure I let out a "WTF?" on TeamSpeak when I was getting squeezed from off the track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. Josema_mota

Josema_mota
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm in :O_o:

4. Jamie

Jamie
    APIA RACING Staff Premium

Ratings: