• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

AU Special Event: Enduro lite MetalMoro AJR @Road America - Sun 03DEC17

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Clubs & Leagues' started by Jamie, Nov 27, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 03-12-17
  1. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot
    SpeedyMite Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +375
    Haha!! All good then, I didn't think we had :) got to love google translate :D

• Beer Beer x 1
  2. Tony

Tony
    APIA RACING Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +572
    Really?

• Haha Haha x 1
  3. Tony

Tony

Ratings:
    +572
    I am going to have a closer look at some of the incidents.
    lap 1 @Cacharraco you got a great start but you cannot just drive around people in the dirt:) this is just going to cause problems, if you cannot get through then you have to accept that and drop back not just drive around someone using the grass.

4. Cacharraco

Cacharraco
    Premium

Ratings:
    +82
    Agree with you; only get the car out a little and I did not endanger anything. From my point of view. The game already penalized me for that. I think issue is regarding also PING betwwen us. So I can see when I close in the corner maybe you were inside but I don't see that, even spotter say nothing about you.

Again sorry and if you know I don't drive like a crazy.
    Cheers.

5. danracer2000

danracer2000
    AUTOMOBILISTA Unofficial - discord channel staff Premium

Ratings:
    +42
    i could not race cuz i was a bit ill to simrace...hope you all had a good race.

6. Nick Milton

Nick Milton
    Nick Premium

Ratings:
    +285
    Right there is my argument for damage, if cars are going to bump they're way round, the damage penalty levels it. In a 90 minute race, it's disappointing that if people then get damage, they give up, just pit and repair and plod on, you may gain, that's the benefit of damage and endurance. And the point of a "sim" otherwise it's arcade ,

Think that car will make a great league car guys, in ams, but also happy in a rf2 car for league,
    F1 or F2 either platform pease :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jamie

Jamie

Ratings:
    +356
    8 out of 17 finished Nick with 50% and that isn’t the intention of a club race. Increased damage would have been unlikely to change that particular scenario.
    Leagues are a different story. 100% will always be the go then.
    I agree 100% on the quitting after damage. That’s not racing. I served a stop/go, was last after 3 laps and ended up third having done 4 laps in total before official practice. I had a ball racing with everyone I came across in that 90 mins.
    I think the MetalMoro is a top contender for any potential league in the future.:thumbsup:
    We will end up penalising poor driving if it becomes an issue.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Pappa_G_27

Pappa_G_27
    Premium

Ratings:
    +37
    Agree with you Jamie. Any higher than 50% and I am pretty sure I would have been a dnf so that would have made 7 finishers.

I pitted, fixed my damage and carried on. Ok I finished 8th, effectively last, but I still had fun and learning things all the way, albeit frustrated as if I ran a clean race I may have been battling you for third ;)

9. Sam Smith

Sam Smith
    www.tinshedracing.com Premium

Ratings:
    +239
    One thing to remember though, when damage is indicated on your car that doesn't always mean it's requiring a repair. I took a heavy knock on the side at one stage. Might have taken a few kph off the top speed but nothing to worry about.
    Even a bent steering arm isn't the end. As long as your safe, driving with a bit of damage isnt the end of the race.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Jamie

Jamie

Ratings:
    +356
    Well done Simon. We never stop learning hey?
    Exactly Sam. Good advice there. My rule of thumb is if the wheel is still straight or only just off centre I carry on unless, of course, a front or rear wing is off or something which has a huge impact on performance.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Nick Milton

Nick Milton
    Nick Premium

Ratings:
    +285
    As ive said, you guys spend a fortune on realism , wheels, pedals, hours of driving, all the setups, rigs, monitors, vr, etc etc, but NOT MANY want to actually play a realistic scenario, just a car wrapped in cotton wool, so what if they crash blow up or leave, welcome to realism, of which millions is spent to get right.

I frankly dont give a rats if someone cant compete unless hitting walls and not managing the car, then doesnt finish, if 2 cars can drive and manage, then only 2 should finish. Some blew engines in that race, somein same car didnt?!

Arcade versus sim , its ok your choices are done, its clear the majority want this . Im all for democratic majority.

Hope they dont introduce real effect rain, well moan about puddles,

Maybe it comes from driving real cars on brands hatch etc . Im crap at sims or arcades, was ok in real life :)

All good, its a forum , the point of forums is to voice opinion. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nick Milton

Nick Milton
    Nick Premium

Ratings:
    +285
    As for a league why not put a few opinion polls on,
    Cars
    Tracks
    Race length
    Damage

Say 3 choices in each ?

Would be totally democratic people choice

13. Jamie

Jamie

Ratings:
    +356
    Nick it is simulated. That's the point.How confident are you in the damage modelling. How do you know it's realistic? We leave a margin to cover for the uncertainty in this area.
    We elect to have our weekly club races run under the pretext of enjoying racing as close as our skills allow. This has lead to somewhat of a compromise on damage but only with a view to us enjoying ourselves.
    I don't have an issue with 100% damage. In fact I think I am slower than some at Bathurst , for example, as I endeavour to have no contact with the walls but this club is about looking after the interests of everyone who races and the skill level we all have.
    In the time I have been in the club it has seemed pretty clear to me we have,as a group, preferred to enjoy the close racing we do experience. Some people also dont have or make the time for the amount of laps required to be able to push hard without consequences.
    Remember this was one of the reasons we left AC. The damage model and the lack of opportunity to race together with a reliable outcome form the game was not there.
    We retain 100% for Leagues where our drivers take the chance to practice more and get a better handle on the cars and are therefore less prone to accidents etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  14. Jamie

Jamie

Ratings:
    +356
    Damage is unnecessary in a poll. It's 100% for leagues. End of story. That's 6 events which drivers are required to make the effort to improve themselves and not have a negative impact on their fellow racers. Of course if they do there is also penalties to receive so I am sure this makes drivers think twice too.
    We are always happy to receive input from our mates here and often request it , particularly in practice times when we are chatting on TS.
    I am not sure about polls for leagues. We are'nt autocrats, that I know. When we get to the time of organising a league maybe we can run poll to decide if we should run a poll :D:D:D Only joking Nick !!
    Thanks for your thoughts. Everyone's input is always welcome. We are wanting to grow both the club numbers and the camaraderie here :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Nick Milton

Nick Milton
    Nick Premium

Ratings:
    +285
    Agree to disagree
    But if they make a damage mulitplier use it, why turn it off, anyway, im done its not an issue and im certainly not here to argue, shame we dont live closer, i would then, alwys better face to face.

16. Tony

Tony

Ratings:
    +572
    I agree Nick but when it is the same opinion 100 times over it gets a little boring. I have given you the reasons why damage is not high on many occasions.
    Great race Sunday night for me ,On lap 3 my screen flicked over to black for 3 seconds, i have no idea why, i hit the wall as i had no screen, destroyed the engine due to damage and that was my night after 5 minutes, so sorry i don't and never will share your opinion on large damage on a friendly club race for this reason alone.
    yes i don't want kamikaze driving in the races and if people do that then that is handled by banning them from racing not by stripping the fun from a Sunday night race. There are so many reasons why people get damage, small mistakes from other drivers, ping issues etc. Why do they races have to be ruined with high damage? we are not playing for sheep stations.

Rant Over!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Nick Milton

Nick Milton
    Nick Premium

Ratings:
    +285
    Argh ok , so bring up a pointmore than once is boring, ok fair enough . Quite a long post for someone so bored

18. Tony

Tony

Ratings:
    +572
    I know you don't Antonio, I do appreciate ping can be an issue . i will check the replay but i am pretty sure half you car was off track and you hit someone coming back on.I am just asking everyone to be a little more careful when driving especially on the first lap of a 90 minute race:)
    I look forward to many more races with you :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tony

Tony

Ratings:
    +572
    That's a bullshit post Nick and i am quite disappointed in it.

20. Nick Milton

Nick Milton
    Nick Premium

Ratings:
    +285
    oh dont worry that wont last long.