rF2 Special Event: Brabham BT 44B 1975@Longford 1967

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sam, Simon ( @Pappa_G_27 ) has just installed rF2 and was going through a lot of the issues you have had with the game. He may be able to give you some up to date pointers which will assist you running the game??

Hey @Sam Smith, happy to help with some pointers for what i did to run it smoother. Settings still had to go fairly low but its decent enough. FYI i run a gtx1060, with an i5 7500, running triple screens in multiview
Video Settings on Level 2 AA, No post effects.
In game:
Circuit -Medim
Player - High
Opponent-Medium
Text - Medium
x8 Aniso
Spec Ef - Medium
Shadows Low/Fast
Soft Particles - low

Aufdio effects down to 24
Video sync -60hz

Also tweaked some things in the player.JSON.
Max Headlights to 50
Garage Detail to 0.01
Oppenent Detail 1
Oppenent Texture Override 3
Rearview Particles False

In controller .JSON
Use thread to True

This all works decent for me. Can probably do some more tweaking though.

Hi friends, I hope not to fall asleep and try these beasts ... ten hours before I'll be in the F3 final, I'll leave a few alarms : )

Ping is too high for me....a pity as these cars are great.
Daniel we regularly race with people from all over the world. What was your ping?
We saw you there but you went off before we got near you. Please feel free to come back on and we can run around near each other to check ping effect.
Also we are usually always on Teamspeak having a chat when we are on server. Drop in and say hi.

Hi, it was + 400 or so. Oz is a bit too far from Europe where I am.
We just did an event from oz to European server with 50 cars and it was fine Daniel. We probably have a minimum of 4 europeans and an American every week and have no drama in either rfactor2or Automobilista. Alex is one of those regulars.

Last edited:
Sounds good. I'll try again tomorrow. My real problem is remembering which way Longford goes...thank god for that farmer leaving the gate to his paddock open on the tight right hander.

Yep, I used that door when we did a few laps last Sunday. I really missed the braking point, it took a while to get back to the track…:whistling: But the car was still running good!
The door is not the issue, it's missing the cows in the paddock, really stuffs up your wheel alignment

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%