rF2 Special Event: Apex GT3 @ Nordschleife - Sun 12NOV17

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
The same thing I said to Antonio and he told me, he does not go with Ferrari ...:geek:
I told him, this has caught our car, it will go faster even
I imagine it is the customs, between EU and AU hahahha

I was thinking the same thing, even in your video Sun my awesome SpeedyMite skin isn't showing :(

Sorry again for the bump Carlos, I'd like to say lag had a little bit to do with it, but been that I race against eu mostly, I should know better!

My congratulations, I think that the chosen mod and the circuit were already a guarantee that we would have a good time on the day of the race.
The duration of it was well planned and I think that at first we were going to be almost thirty cars on the track.

In training with @cacha several times we managed to do one lap less, so on the day of the race we were confident that it was very possible that we did not have to stop to refuel, trusting to spend little gas in the race with the engine almost to the minimum of power.

Well, since Antonio encouraged me, I think I've been enjoying your events since the beginning of summer. From the first moment I was surprised by the amount of PING I had on the server, I had never seen the 402 MS in RD AU but the truth is that in few occasions I have had or have seen problems for this reason in the race. Here in Spain, my connection is Fiber symmetric with 500 GB, the normal thing is that it does not rise of 35 MS with the server of RD EU and if in any case if I see something out of the normal in my connection, I would not hesitate to leave career and even more in a circuit like Nordschsleife.

In the QF I got 8: 19.1 and placed myself in third position on the grid.
There were two aborted exits, I put them in the video, in one of them I managed to overtake Shawn and put myself in second position, but he had an accident with me. Well, I think between the two of us we did 4,000 KMS of training so it's clear that this mistake he had would make him even worse than me and if I'm honest, I would not have liked to be on his skin at that moment because I'm sure that I would be quite angry with himself, but he did what he had to do, which is to wait for me. At that time he is behaving in the same way that I would do it, no need to say anything else, that gesture says it all and the race should continue. If we look at the third exit and supposedly the one that is worth, there are even more accidents than in the first or in the second.

I think it is very important to differentiate what should be "abort" a race due to technical problems and to start the race again because there has been an accident on the track. If we want to make it as real as possible, we can not do this kind of acts and start over. Another thing I would like is for the damage to be as real as possible. We can not let someone accelerate straight as in curves and passing through the grass and crashing into the walls and accelerating without stopping to get back on track, that friends, for me are not lags, or internet problems.

My third career position was lost on my own when entering the box, I guess I was the only one who repaired damages for more than 30 sgds haha
A pity the accident of Sun / Shawn to find us that car crossed in straight line of goal, I avoided touching him, but those behind him found him in front.
This is a race gentlemen!
The accident with Grebenc very avoidable, I thank you for the apology.

To conclude, congratulate the organizers, the podium deserved and this group for giving us the opportunity to compete in a circuit that in my view is unmatched. Next stop…. Macau:)

Greetings, Carlos.

Carlos we have really enjoyed having you Spanish chaps join us for our club events. Your participation, fine clean driving and amazing videos have been very well received. Well done.
All of your points are well made in respect of damage and restarts etc, however we reserve that level of restrictions for our league championships were there are no restarts and 100% damage is specified.
The intention of the club events is to encourage participation from as many drivers as possible. Everyone starts somewhere and we don’t want the environment to be too onerous and difficult for people to learn and develop their skills. The object is fun and participation whilst still allowing the more experienced drivers to enjoy close competitive racing. Also, the new drivers can experience what is possible if they stick with it and develop their driving skills.
It’s interesting you should mention Macau. I had the same thought whilst I was reviewing the challenge of the Nords race in my mind. Is there a good version out there?
Thanks again for your feedback.

I was thinking the same thing, even in your video Sun my awesome SpeedyMite skin isn't showing :(

Sorry again for the bump Carlos, I'd like to say lag had a little bit to do with it, but been that I race against eu mostly, I should know better!

Your Speedy skin did show up in the actual race though, haven't checked but maybe there is an option to enable custom skins in replays or something.

Shawn:
No problem Shawn, whenever you want we change city:)
Jamie:
That's Jamie, it's my opinion, and 100% agree to your answers.
When it comes to Macau, we're both old school!

Your Speedy skin did show up in the actual race though, haven't checked but maybe there is an option to enable custom skins in replays or something.
Sun, I have not played with it but there is a "download custom skin" option under the display settings (bottom right). Maybe custom skins are kept after the race if you select it? (I think it is unselected by default).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.6%