rF2 Special Event: Apex GT3 @ Nordschleife - Sun 12NOV17

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@Gasper Grebenc
Turns out I indeed have to say sorry! To my defense: I guess we both had some lag issues, you a bit worse than me :(
I tried to highlight things with the cursor. Quick and dirty video.

Little explanation:
1. I really, really thought that you would move a bit to the left so I could keep it inside and brake. I was able to brake enough but I touched you quite heavily into the side. This was definitely a lag issue as you weren't as close to me on my screen and I didn't saw the hit. I just thought you moved to the left :O_o:

2. I don't know where you would've liked me to go :roflmao: Didn't calculate that you and Davy would go straight instead of turning in :p Sorry for it though! :inlove:

3. Turns out my concentration was completely gone after the restarts and the little clashes before. Braking + Turning in = not good. Couldn't do anything to "defuse" that rejoin :( My cursor paints a sad smiley, jfyi :redface:

So yeah, I'm sorry! Shouldn't have happened! Seems like I need some more practice in rF2 to be able to race on the same level as I'm able to in AC.
Hope it's fine for you, wish you a nice rest of the Sunday! :)

@Gasper Grebenc
Turns out I indeed have to say sorry! To my defense: I guess we both had some lag issues, you a bit worse than me :(

Little explanation:
1. I really, really thought that you would move a bit to the left so I could keep it inside and brake. I was able to brake enough but I touched you quite heavily into the side. This was definitely a lag issue as you weren't as close to me on my screen and I didn't saw the hit. I just thought you moved to the left :O_o:

2. I don't know where you would've liked me to go :roflmao: Didn't calculate that you and Davy would go straight instead of turning in :p Sorry for it though! :inlove:

3. Turns out my concentration was completely gone after the restarts and the little clashes before. Braking + Turning in = not good. Couldn't do anything to "defuse" that rejoin :( My cursor paints a sad smiley, jfyi :redface:

So yeah, I'm sorry! Shouldn't have happened! Seems like I need some more practice in rF2 to be able to race on the same level as I'm able to in AC.

wow, watching that I missed so many bullets in that opening few corners! I guess leaving room for other cars helps you not be collided with.

Ahhh Sun:cry::cry::cry::cry:, my deepest apologies again for F@#$%g all 3 of you blokes most awesome race!

A while back I never understood the hype with the green hell, but once you finally start to learn the track the magic starts to become visible, it flows so well and always remains a challenge. That's why I came back after dropping out. In hindsight I wouldn't have done that. Sorry for losing it, especially there.

I'm sore from the race, crazy.@Kevin Harris :thumbsup: super human effort! Did you cry when the extra lap was confirmed?

PS: very well put together video Sun, I just wish I wasn't that part of it!

Not enough practice. Fell asleep and woke up with 5 min left in practice....then tried to get used to a new setup in qualifying. (was better than what I was running though....thanks!). First lap sucked, too many offs, but was better in the next three, and then didn't know where the pit entry was. Went the wrong way and then got stuck and then killed the engine trying to get unstuck. Would have like to have finished, but needed to know the track better :p.

So unlucky, was shaping up to be an epic race. How did the rest of the replay look? I haven't had a chance to go look yet, I'm keen to see my first overtake on you.

I haven't had the chance to watch our battles yet but I'm sure the footage will capture how epic it was. :thumbsup:

@goffred hahaha no hard feelings man, it's not like you did anything "wrong" really. You were just in a situation that was hard to recover, and we just arrived at a complete blind spot. :roflmao:

I am still amped from the battle with @Jamie
No idea had @Jeremy Talbot sleeps at 1pm after a race like that. I am wired.
Funnily enough I didn't get to sleep till about 230-3am. Nearly got to sleep but at 2 my son wakes up then comes into the room asking for me to fix his toy lol! Little bugger :roflmao:

I'm well surprised by my result last night, it's a track that I've loved to hate in the past. Never understood the fanaticism about it. Until last night..

Wow that was intense! Great driving by everyone as that's an incredibly hard track to keep on the black stuff. Great battles in the opening laps leading up to the pit stop with @Cacharraco , @xdevildog and @Kevin Harris with both @Ashley Cowan and @Jamie right behind. I honestly thought I was on a good strategy by pitting a lap later than most people but Antonio realised it was a great idea to pit for fuel only the lap after me basically consigning me to 4th. A lapse of concentration at the end led to a hairy moment with Kevin gaining the 15 seconds he was behind me in a flash. I'd been driving for 4 hours by that point plus the 4 hours I'd been driving IRL yesterday!!

All in all a massive surprise about how much I enjoyed this race. Well done @Shawn Jacobs , Antonio and @Sun Levi on the podium :thumbsup:

Ahhh Sun:cry::cry::cry::cry:, my deepest apologies again for F@#$%g all 3 of you blokes most awesome race!

A while back I never understood the hype with the green hell, but once you finally start to learn the track the magic starts to become visible, it flows so well and always remains a challenge. That's why I came back after dropping out. In hindsight I wouldn't have done that. Sorry for losing it, especially there.

I'm sore from the race, crazy.@Kevin Harris :thumbsup: super human effort! Did you cry when the extra lap was confirmed?

PS: very well put together video Sun, I just wish I wasn't that part of it!
Almost.... Some serious cramping issues were happening in the left hand...... Still an epic race though, and had I not spent an entire minute in the pits getting minor damage fixed it would have been a great battle till the very end. Looking forward to the next one....

Here I leave the video and I hope you enjoy as I did, great battles and a lot of concentration although there were some mistakes.
As Jeremy says great strategy with a setup to not wear tyres and almost reach the end without add fuel but the leaders were very fast and had to add for a lap.
Congratulations to all for participation and organization.
We will wait similar combo like this one. :)

Here I leave the video and I hope you enjoy as I did, great battles and a lot of concentration although there were some mistakes.
As Jeremy says great strategy with a setup to not wear tyres and almost reach the end without add fuel but the leaders were very fast and had to add for a lap.
Congratulations to all for participation and organization.
We will wait similar combo like this one. :)

That setup!! Your rig looks freaking awesome man.

@Gasper Grebenc

Little explanation:

No problems at all. Let's say. Lag issues preventing us to drive predictably and also be able to see and react soon enough so these things would not happen. I'm positive that without lag issues we would have a more or less perfectly normal race ;)

My congratulations, I think that the chosen mod and the circuit were already a guarantee that we would have a good time on the day of the race.
The duration of it was well planned and I think that at first we were going to be almost thirty cars on the track.

In training with @cacha several times we managed to do one lap less, so on the day of the race we were confident that it was very possible that we did not have to stop to refuel, trusting to spend little gas in the race with the engine almost to the minimum of power.

Well, since Antonio encouraged me, I think I've been enjoying your events since the beginning of summer. From the first moment I was surprised by the amount of PING I had on the server, I had never seen the 402 MS in RD AU but the truth is that in few occasions I have had or have seen problems for this reason in the race. Here in Spain, my connection is Fiber symmetric with 500 GB, the normal thing is that it does not rise of 35 MS with the server of RD EU and if in any case if I see something out of the normal in my connection, I would not hesitate to leave career and even more in a circuit like Nordschsleife.

In the QF I got 8: 19.1 and placed myself in third position on the grid.
There were two aborted exits, I put them in the video, in one of them I managed to overtake Shawn and put myself in second position, but he had an accident with me. Well, I think between the two of us we did 4,000 KMS of training so it's clear that this mistake he had would make him even worse than me and if I'm honest, I would not have liked to be on his skin at that moment because I'm sure that I would be quite angry with himself, but he did what he had to do, which is to wait for me. At that time he is behaving in the same way that I would do it, no need to say anything else, that gesture says it all and the race should continue. If we look at the third exit and supposedly the one that is worth, there are even more accidents than in the first or in the second.

I think it is very important to differentiate what should be "abort" a race due to technical problems and to start the race again because there has been an accident on the track. If we want to make it as real as possible, we can not do this kind of acts and start over. Another thing I would like is for the damage to be as real as possible. We can not let someone accelerate straight as in curves and passing through the grass and crashing into the walls and accelerating without stopping to get back on track, that friends, for me are not lags, or internet problems.

My third career position was lost on my own when entering the box, I guess I was the only one who repaired damages for more than 30 sgds haha
A pity the accident of Sun / Shawn to find us that car crossed in straight line of goal, I avoided touching him, but those behind him found him in front.
This is a race gentlemen!
The accident with Grebenc very avoidable, I thank you for the apology.

To conclude, congratulate the organizers, the podium deserved and this group for giving us the opportunity to compete in a circuit that in my view is unmatched. Next stop…. Macau:)

Greetings, Carlos.

Attachments

• Nords Tabla.jpg
    Nords Tabla.jpg
    981.3 KB · Views: 244

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back