AC Special Event: 60's F1 @ Monza '66 - Sat 21Oct17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
4-wide is insta-death...I'd say 2 wide is enough. Eventually you can enter 3 wide but one will have to back off quite soon. Don't forget those random jumps we did when we tested the combo some time ago ;)

Keeping the things in a straight line is hard enough already!
2-wide is perfectly fine, 3 would definitely be tricky without wiping out. I'm sure "4-wide" was a little tongue-in-cheek :)

4-wide is insta-death...I'd say 2 wide is enough. Eventually you can enter 3 wide but one will have to back off quite soon. Don't forget those random jumps we did when we tested the combo some time ago ;)

Keeping the things in a straight line is hard enough already!
2-wide is perfectly fine, 3 would definitely be tricky without wiping out. I'm sure "4-wide" was a little tongue-in-cheek :)
I don't see a problem :laugh:
upload_2017-10-18_15-52-5.png

With the shocking state of those brakes though, some of us who take the lotus are likely to spend quite a lot of time digging ourselves out of the Parabolica kitty litter ;)

Here are some tests:
Ferrari 2:xx.482
Lotus 2:xx.431
Lotus with restrictor 25% 2:xx:312

But the lotus is more difficult to control, 25% restrictor is ok

Edit by BP. Sorry Pavel, we aren't supposed to post lap times in race threads. No biggie so don't worry;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some tests:
Ferrari 2:xx.482
Lotus 2:xx.431
Lotus with restrictor 25% 2:xx:312
Edit by BP
Looks good :)
The Ferrari has better brakes, so yes, it's a bit slower than the Lotus but you can out-brake it and then defend the position.
Even without restrictor it was a tight battle on track!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good :)
The Ferrari has better brakes, so yes, it's a bit slower than the Lotus but you can out-brake it and then defend the position.
Even without restrictor it was a tight battle on track!
2 seconds is still to much imho. 2 drivers of equal skills in different cars will not compete.

2 seconds is still to much imho. 2 drivers of equal skills in different cars will not compete.
I only see 1s between them :cautious:
That equals 2-3 kp/h on the bankings where you gain up to 20 kp/h while in the slipstream. As said even without the restrictor the Ferrari could overtake without struggling. Just couldn't hold it over the lap.

Also the Ferrari isn't that "drifty" when applying throttle. All in all it's 2-3 kp/h with 25% and the slower car is easier to drive.

What you are not considering is the fact that the Lotus will start in the top positions and the top 5 will create such a gap because the Ferrari will lose time overtaking. 2 seconds is a huge problem, slipstream or not.

It's one second and this includes his personal skill with the car.

If you wanna keep this discussion going pm me on steam and we will take it out on the road :roflmao:

It's one second and this includes his personal skill with the car.

If you wanna keep this discussion going pm me on steam and we will take it out on the road :roflmao:
I'll make some testing and report to you tomorrow ;)

Sound good. ;)
It's shame that you are in the Ferrari, otherwise I won't have a problem with giving you 30% restrictor :whistling::whistling::whistling:
How could i live with myself if i picked the lotus as an italian... btw, i will test both cars without abs and tc.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back