rF2 Special Event #2 - Mazda 787B @ Le Mans - Night Enduro - Mon January 3rd 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Really anoyed, took me till end of quali to get a lap in but managed it took pole. Race was a disaster, got a tad wide in turn 8 span. Really sorry to any guys affected (Kelvin and William I think) really annoyed at myself just a stupid mistake. Car was wrecked after that so twitchy, crawled home 9th?

Thanks Ryan these cars are epic. Thanks RD.

A hard race!

My first surprise was that this wasnt the 787 mod that I had been using for practice, but a modified version so had some trouble initially getting it to tally up with the server. Also realised that the manual gearbox option had been removed from the upgrades list. Was dissapointed but understand why.

Couldnt get anywhere near what I was getting with my previous practise times, was at least 5 seconds off. Not sure what other modificaitons were done but I dont think 5 seconds can be put down to the gear box (I am not that good). Anyway, never really got comfortable with the car so decided to sit out qualifying and make a cautious start from theback.

Start was clean but entering T1, just lost the back end completley even though I thought I was going really slow, this put me well back but it turns out that was a good thing as it gave me plenty of room to maneouvre around the big wreck on the back straight.

Settled into a rythm then on lap 5, disaster! Comletley missed the braking point and hit the barriers spinning me
across the track. Was praying I wouldnt collect anybody in my helicopter and flew past Lee just missing him, phew, sorry for the scare m8.

Car was heavily damaged so limped back to the pits hoping it would be fixable even if it took a couple of minutes. Turns out it only took 50 seconds and it got my first stop out of the way. Again settled into a rythm for the last second half of the race.

After the second stop was about 30 seconds behind Nigel but had fresh rubber and a fairly light fuel load. Pushed and managed to take him at the Mulsanne corner where he had spun. Finished in 5th place out of 22, happy :)

Grats to Kieron for the win and Colin/Adam for podium. Thx Ryan for organising. shame you were unable to take part yourself

Already written this one, only for the forum to not like me and refuse to post it :mad:

Anyway, it was a very enjoyable night for me.

Quali: Messed up the first 10 minutes on my quali setup so changed o my race setup and was much better. Got held up a couple of times by someone on an outlap on my only completed flying lap. Took P7 but should of been better.

Race: Slow start and got boxed-on. As a consequence I dropped to 9th. This soon became 7th as two cars span out of Tertre Rouge. Overtook Tommi on the run down to Mulsanne and got past another car that spun off. Lying 5th I was closing on the Nick and Colin battle before Nick went off at Indianapolis which gave me 4th. The next 10 laps I spent in a huge battle for 3rd and then eventually 2nd as Kjell dropped back to us. Colin was between 2 and 4 seconds ahead, and Anders between 3 and 0.1 seconds behind as I yo-yo'd between the two. I pitted first and came out around 40 seconds behind Anders but ruined my outlap by outbraking myself on cold tyres into Mulsanne. Somehow at the end of the lap, Kjell was only just in front of me so I put some pressure on him and he span allowing me to move back up to fourth. Anders and Colin both pitted but I was only able to jump Anders as Colin did a clever stop. Then it was my turn again to make a mistake and it allowed Kjell through. I followed him closely for a bit until he span into the wall in the last corner to allow both myself and Anders through. Anders dropped to 20 seconds behind which gave me a breather but I decided to make it more interesting with 2 unwelcome spins on successive laps, one at Arnage and the other at Mulsanne. Anders sneaked past and for the remaining 4 laps or so we had a great battle, switching places as he was better in the corners and out of them, whereas I could blast past him on the straights. Somehow though I managed to get accross the line in third although it would of been close if he didn't spin out of the last turn.

Redemption at last after my last race here in RDLMS (Threw it into a wall with 20 mins of the 12 hours left whilst in 4th).

Thanks to Ryan, RD, and all those who raced :)

EDIT: Also like to say that I saw most of Lee's quali lap and it was near-perfection. Great job :)

Really enjoyed that one. Spent first laps having a good scrap with Nick - the slipstreaming with these cars was hectic, until he went off at Indy as we entered side by side. Then, as Adam said, spent the next hour with him between 1 and 4 seconds behind me. Couldn't pull away, no room for error. Then at pitstop i only changed the rear tyres, gaining me 20 odd seconds on Adam and also leapfrogging into second, and then I just took it easier nursing the tyres until the end. Last 10 minutes took forever...

Wow, totally blown away by these cars. So much fun to drive but you've got to give them huge respect or they will send you flying.

Lee put a stonker of a lap together to bump me down to 2nd but I was more than happy with that, and I knew all was not lost as these things are hard to get off the line with all that power under your right foot. Luckily for me I pretty much nailed the start and I had half a second on Lee by the time we got to T1.

Lee spun it entering the Mulsanne and then I just drove as quick as I could to try and get a good gap while it was still light to give me some breathing room in the dark, And my god didn't it get dark. Flying down the Mulsanne in the pitch black looking for a hint of a brake marker was damn scary. God know's how they do it for real, it would scare me silly.

With a few guys having problems behind me I was able to get a nice lead, which then doubled after my stop due to me only taking tyres. 15 mins to go and it was looking like I would need to change the rears as they where wearing fast, but short shifting out of the corners and easing on the throttle pretty much stopped the rears wearing and I soon knew they would make it.

Crossed the line with just over 4 mins to go so I crawled round that lap to run the timer down to make that the last lap.

Loved every second of that race, I was soo immersed in that car. The sounds are fantastic in this mod.

Grats to the podium and well done to everyone who finished, and thanks to RD for putting the race on.

Cya all soon.

yea real good scrap there Adam .. Your car was so much faster in a straght line cause after a minor mishapp my car seemed to have the windresistance of a brickwall ;). The car is a joy to drive and as Keiron said you need to treat them with respect.. But all cred to the guys who built the engine for this monster ,was revving the tits of it for 80 min and didnt loose a % of the engine .. Astonishing ;)

Thx RD and Ryan for setting this event up

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.3%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 44 9.9%