space on starting grid

Yes there is a way, you would need to learn how to use an aiw editor. You can then place the grid slots yourself instead of letting them be created automatically, and the markings will be drawn where you place them.
I don't know what other editors are available, but if you have rFactor game, you can search the net for rfactor development tools, they are publicly available, and if there is an equivalent track in rF, then the AIW can be edited and will work in GSC. There is no easy answer, it is something you would need to learn, but the information is there if you search.

Actually, it is also possible to edit the grid section of the track aiw file using notepad, but you would have to keep retrying your changes in the game to see if you are placing them correctly - it's possible but very hit and miss, and laborious.

Having said all that, it seems like a strange thing to do :)

Last edited:
Tks for the help........what I was trying to do was to space the cars out a little more something like nascar 2003 had. You could space the car more with a small adjustment in the ini file so that there would be less problems in first/second turn on some tracks .
The f-retro's are a-lot-o fun to drive but the A.I spin out on spieberg historic,(exit on second turn) montreal (exit last turn) , buenosaires #8(second last turn
fast righthander) it don't happen at the start of race all the time .sometimes it happens 5 or 6 laps in makes racing the A.I very frustrating .... this has been a problem for me after I updated from ver 1.15 to 1.21. do I need the full install of 1.21 or is 1.15 updated (sync) to 1.21 ok?

Last edited:
I've tested the Retros at Spielberg Historic, at 100% race speed, and they do not spin out on exit of turn 2.
As far as I know, you should not need to do a full install - GSync should update the files, but to be double sure, you could delete your entire Retro folder and then run GSync, that way it will definitely renew every file relating to Retros.

I also tried a race start at the circuit, and they did the first few laps cleanly, no problems.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 122 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 95 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 128 13.6%