1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spa tyres strategy

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Filios Antonopoulos, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Which is the best tyres strategy ?
    Opinions?

2. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

I run 75% here so cant help you on the lap number but:
    It does depend on your relative pace?
    Against AI where I have good pace I have used Primes first (from pole) and consolidated at the pit stops. Going to mix 3 for 2-3 laps after they pit and then pitting for options. With Mix 3 and their slow out lap it should get you back out in front.
    You need to stay in front at Spa as it is hard to pass you.

3. Why not just use the engineers standard?
    That's usually the best option you get.
    Any more is advanced thinking and based on setup choice and driving style and other circumstances.

For the order:
    Usually it's best to use options first and wait with the primes as long as possible.
    I only go away from that if it's really necessary.

4. I do opt-opt-pri or opt-pri-opt.

5. Weather also can come in to effect at Spa more than most. I sometimes prefer starting on primes if there is a good chance of rain in the hope of staying out long enough for the rain to come after the option runners have already stopped.

6. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

I do 100% race distance and try to 2 stop but it's not easy for me coz I have a more of an agressive style, so I try to conserve my tyres in qualifying and the race as much as possible.
    Lap:
    1-12 option
    13-30 prime
    31-44 option