Resource icon

Tracks Spa Francorchamps (2 Seasons, DRS) 1.20

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks Gringo - I've had driver related issues before (I recently rolled back to a pre-1000 series Nvidia driver after it was causing lots of Project Cars freezes) but the one I'm using has been 100% stable in all the games I play and every other AMS track I've run on. Only Spa is causing me the issue so I still suspect there is something unique about that track that is triggering the problem.

What is it they say, you can't please all the components all of the time? :)

Just read this in a readme about the Le Mans Bugatti track for rF2:

"Optimizing*
Possibly fixed the Nvidia driver crash that affects many systems using 900 NV series cards (4)
"

Might be the same sort of problem ?

Thanks PieterN - the post below from ECAR_Tracks discussing the issue stood out for me:

"I've been noticing that Windows transparency effects affects some DirectX applications somehow, even they're running in full-screen mode (go figure). Maybe choosing a solid colour scheme helps a bit https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/disable...cy-windows-10/

Regardless to stuttering, going back to Nvidia Crashes stuff:

I've just run the third endurance race (8 hours) in a row with my Le Mans Bugatti track. I didn't change anything: same Nvidia driver, same rF2 building, same cars being used, W10, CPU with same clock, and the same infamous GTX 980.

What I changed: basically everything in my track. Reviewed all objects one per one, searching for trashy information on 3dsMax channel info, isolated vertices, unused smoothing groups, unused map verts, overlapping faces, night lights without respective glows, etc. I found many, many issues. After that, it looks like I fixed what was crashing my Nvidia Drivers 10 in 10 attempts to run in my own track.

In addition: other tracks as VLM Le Mans 1991-1996 keep crashing after few minutes. So, I can eliminate hardware variables.

Tonight I'll run the final test - 8 hours racing through night and raining, URD 30 cars (PX1, PX2 and EGT). If it succeeds, I can state the problem is solved. I know, every system is different. But it's a good prospect.

For the guys who are currently modelling their tracks: have a look in channel info, clean unused stuff, mainly VC, Illumination and Alpha of race-surfaces."

And it looks like he just released a potential fix for it 2 days ago:
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-(FRA)-The-Bugatti-Circuit-Update-v1-00-(New)

This sounds like I'm into a world of troubleshooting pain by trying to tweak drivers and graphics to stop it. Sounds like an issue with NVidia 900 series cards and something within certain tracks that client graphics tweaks and drivers won't fix.

Which kind of crashes did you encounter Rodneys .... because I experienced the same problems with the latest Nvidia driver for my old GTX 650ti

I'm nearly sure now that this latest driver is the last generalist driver they must do for all series since 400 until the most recent ones.
There are strange things I noticed: with one single monitor and choose "Single screen" in Nvidia Control Panel" ... idle temperatures are 15°C+- warmer and climbing quicklier to very high temperatures in game.
Staying at setting "Multiple screens" solved this problem.

Strange also with AC, while Vsync On made problems before, now it succeeds to bring temperatures less high and make no problem any longer

Before making big changes, I encountered numerous KernelLiveEvents 141 .... now it's solved.

I thought first it was a Win10 problem ... but definitively that's a Nvidia driver problem.
As I'm on Win10 Home Premium ... impossible to stay on a older driver ... the Win10 automatic updates are always bringing the latest one. :(

Hey Jempy - the post above yours that says "Removed" was initially a post saying it had looked like I'd solved the issue after putting in 20 laps on Spa with no issues. Then sods law, just after putting a post up it done it again.

The crashes I am getting are basically nvidia driver crashes. Things got a lot better when I setup sparse grid supersampling using the Nvidia inspector for some strange reason, however the issue never went away entirely.

However I have since also went back to an older nvidia driver version and I ran a 15 qualy and 30 minute race the other night on Spa with no driver crashes at all so it might now be completely fixed.

BTW I am running Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows Update doesn't update my graphics driver - it certainly never last time I ran it (which was after reverting my nvidia driver). Have you maybe not setup deferred updates which means you won't automatically get optional updates, just critical ones (which I don't think includes nvidia drivers).

You can use group policy editor to switch on old style updates where Windows just tells you they are available and you choose when to install them but it doesn't work on Home edition unfortunately.

See here for tips on getting Windows 10 updates under control better - http://www.howtogeek.com/224471/how-to-prevent-windows-10-from-automatically-downloading-updates/

Same result finally as the one you used, RodneyS .... I got new crashes randomly so I also went back to an older stable version ( 368.81 ) ... and the problem seems completely fixed ... ( waiting a few days to be sure ).

Win10 Anniversary yesterday installed ... so I decided to use DDU to wash all traces of my recent Nvidia driver and made a totally new install.... 2 hours drive didn't give any crash. :thumbsup:
But ??? a few other sessions test will tell me more definitively. :unsure:

NB: Thanks for your tips, I already got them today from another source. :thumbsup:

Strange those recent Nvidia drivers are making big problems for some and none for other users.

Out of topic closed.

Patrick Giranthon updated Spa Francorchamps (2 seasons, DRS) with a new update entry:

Single track package of Spa-Francorchamps for AMS to syncronize with the MEGA pack v1.1

This is the same track version as found in the 23 track MEGA pack update v1.1 in a single track package.

Updated with AMS v1.2x AIW and TDF parametrers.
Improved UI track list cascade menu.
Track info details are corrected and up to AMS standard.
Accurate pit lane speed limits
Support for the F-Truck diesel smoke effects.
Improved La Source tire barrier and fence.
Added Reiza standard start/pit lights.
Improved skybox / horizon.
Fix Terrain/TDF issue on a single track poly.
Corrected some...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lovely work on creating this track, its beautiful, but for some reason it crashes all the time with me. Any advice on how I can find out whats wrong with my system. The standard tracks are rock solid as are the Silverstone & Bathurst tracks.

Last edited:
Lovely work on creating this track, its beautiful, but for some reason it crashes all the time with me. Any advice on how I can find out whats wrong with my system. The standard tracks are rock solid as are the Silverstone & Bathurst tracks.

Hi James - I and some others got this a lot but I'm afraid the fix that worked for me doesn;t always work for others. Firstly I am assuming you are getting the nvidia display driver crash (it drops to desktop then you appear back in the game a few seconds later where you were when you dropped to desktop). If not then you have a diff problem.

I solved the issue through a mix of graphics driver version changes, switching on sparse grid super sampling with the Nvidia Inspector (this may have been coincidence it helped) but the main thing that completely eliminated the driver crashes was to make sure I am not using nvidia control panel or Inspector programs to controll anti-alaising. They must be set to application controlled then use the game config tool to set AA on. I also don't use sweetfx but no idea if that helps or not.

I meant to report this here sooner so glad you reminded me :)

Good luck.

@James Robertson

Hi, Could you (or anyone that has Spa crashes) try this modified SCN and test for the track crash you are suffering.

Make a backup of the original "Spa.scn"... then please remove the old SCN from the Spa folder.

Download "Spa.scn.txt" attched to my post and rename to "Spa.scn", then copy it to your Spa track folder to replace the old one

It will be the Spring version in the game, and FYI you would not be able to join in any multiplayer games without miss-match errors.

If the problem is solved then an update will come ASAP.

Cheers

Edit: This SCN change has been included in Spa v1.05.

Last edited:
gave it a try but it just crashes when trying to load the track

Is it an install problem... you should have the track setup as in the screen grabs below.

Have you verified the integrity of the AMS game files with Steam?

Untitled.jpg Untitled2.jpg

Last edited:
the track wont launch at all with the replacement scn file

It must be an install issue James.

The replacement SCN is identical to the release version except for 3 disabled objects. I was thinking you had a track crash when driving on the track... so you don't need to use the new SCN at this point.

Paulo has a good suggestion.

Try to install a fresh copy of the track, make sure to remove any old version track folders.Search your locations folder for any stray Spa folders that might have been accidentally moved or copied into another track folder.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi there, yes I was getting a crash on track, the games freezes......with the car still on screen, if you hit ctrl alt delete and get task manger up their is no pointer visible so you can't end process, the game will then resume and you can drive normally but there is no way of quitting so you have to power off the computer completely to get out of game. I have done all the other stuff you said but to no avail. I shal try completely reinstalling the entire game later tonight to see if that helps. Thanks for your efforts guys.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 96 13.9%