1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spa bug?

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by belliash, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Hi there!

I came across stange situation in my 1st season carrier. I cannot finish race because after few laps i got black screen at curve 17 :( Anyone came across that?
  2. Yes, mine did the same thing. I had to abandon the race and take a DNF, and then the game audio was all effed up for the entire rest of the season. When my second career season started everything was back to normal, I haven't been back to Spa yet in season 2.
  3. Okay I have a fix for you.
    Go to Start > My Computer > Tools > View > Hidden files and folder > select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"

Then goto:
    C:\ProgramData\Codemasters\FormulaOne2011\DataCache\<Your PC Name>\replay

Right click "replay.pbf",
    go to Properties, at the bottom, under Attributes tick the "[] Read-only" box then hit Apply and OK.

Job done. :)
  4. Christopher, Can you explain what the bug was (is) and how this fixes it. Is this a problem for everyone who has the PC version ?
  5. Without doing that fix, there is a chance your game will have an audio stutter then drop about 3/4 of your FPS, then eventually black screen during a race.
    It's something CM did wrong with saving the replays. Not sure if tonight's patch has fixed it or not though.
  6. Just got hit with that bug... at spa. I already had that replay file set to read only so I don't believe it works.
  7. Between this bug, pit exit bug, and save game bug... I attempted Spa 8 times. Finally found workaround to this particular bug tho. Used software instead of Rapture and this never happened again. Sound is a bit flat in software but at least there's no performance hit and I'm now able to complete races.
  8. I have updated F1 2011 to 1.1 and problem has gone.
  9. i have it on pc with 1.0 version i have raced at spa 20 - 25 time and never got that bug