1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Spa bug?

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by belliash, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Hi there!

I came across stange situation in my 1st season carrier. I cannot finish race because after few laps i got black screen at curve 17 :( Anyone came across that?

2. Yes, mine did the same thing. I had to abandon the race and take a DNF, and then the game audio was all effed up for the entire rest of the season. When my second career season started everything was back to normal, I haven't been back to Spa yet in season 2.

3. Okay I have a fix for you.
    Go to Start > My Computer > Tools > View > Hidden files and folder > select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"

Then goto:
    C:\ProgramData\Codemasters\FormulaOne2011\DataCache\<Your PC Name>\replay

Right click "replay.pbf",
    go to Properties, at the bottom, under Attributes tick the "[] Read-only" box then hit Apply and OK.

Job done. :)

4. Christopher, Can you explain what the bug was (is) and how this fixes it. Is this a problem for everyone who has the PC version ?

5. Without doing that fix, there is a chance your game will have an audio stutter then drop about 3/4 of your FPS, then eventually black screen during a race.
    It's something CM did wrong with saving the replays. Not sure if tonight's patch has fixed it or not though.

6. Just got hit with that bug... at spa. I already had that replay file set to read only so I don't believe it works.

7. Between this bug, pit exit bug, and save game bug... I attempted Spa 8 times. Finally found workaround to this particular bug tho. Used software instead of Rapture and this never happened again. Sound is a bit flat in software but at least there's no performance hit and I'm now able to complete races.

8. I have updated F1 2011 to 1.1 and problem has gone.

9. i have it on pc with 1.0 version i have raced at spa 20 - 25 time and never got that bug