Resource icon

Tracks Sp237 "Coste" open road 0.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
yes...actually AIs are very dangerous for themselves!
but sometimes they are good enought to avoid accident, if the road is whide enought for 3 cars.

Odd camera behavior on South Loop version. Also South Loop version has barriers up as if it were the short version although the distance indicates 9700m. Great job on the signs, foliage and pavement markings. Simply awesome !! Thank you !!

Odd camera behavior on South Loop version. Also South Loop version has barriers up as if it were the short version although the distance indicates 9700m. Great job on the signs, foliage and pavement markings. Simply awesome !! Thank you !!

some things inevitably escape, so thanks for feedback. I write down all them on the "to do list".
most of issue related to cameras are because AC uses the position on AI line to determine which camera is in use.
because of the AI line with sectors so close like in loop version, the car jumps from a position to another far away and AC suddenly changes the camera in use.

Noticed this on the loop versions. Graphic anomaly with the the arrow direction signs
20170117105939_1.jpg

It is possible to not have that annoying "wrong way" circle pop up every time your wheel crosses the lane divider? I can't even drive this road it's so intrusive. :( I believe I was in Hotlap mode.

Actually it is not possible to avoid this pop up in "loop mode", because when you cross the lane, for the program you jump on another sector of AI line in wrong direction.
But, if you keep in mind that in "loop mode" you are on a public open road, when you cross the middle lane you actually ARE in wrong way, so that signal maybe have some sense.

Thank you for this fantastic road, and even a bigger thank you for the alternative AI version, this is a game within the game. Can any "road" track be done that way or does it have to be created like that from the beginning. In other word, can any Modder implement alternative AI on any track, like Black Cat or Lake Louise?

any road can be done that way, it's how you record the AI path, i don't know if it works on non loops tracks, like A2B, since you record the ai path one way, then return from the other way and finish. For lake louise it could be possible I guess to have some layouts with traffic

Yes...but probably it could work even on not looped track...it is sufficient recording the AI to make an u-turn before the line of end.
The only problem maybe will be the density of the traffic: 20 cars on 3km it's a situation...20 cars on 20km maybe you could asleep before crossing other cars...

And there another feature you need: starting grid scattered all along the track. Without, you have only a queue of ai, without traffic on opposite way.
So, probably is sufficient create a new ai, but the best result can be achieved only if you can edit the AC objects.

Last edited:
any road can be done that way, it's how you record the AI path, i don't know if it works on non loops tracks, like A2B, since you record the ai path one way, then return from the other way and finish. For lake louise it could be possible I guess to have some layouts with traffic

Yes...but probably it could work even on not looped track...it is sufficient recording the AI to make an u-turn before the line of end.
The only problem maybe will be the density of the traffic: 20 cars on 3km it's a situation...20 cars on 20km maybe you could asleep before crossing other cars...

And there another feature you need: starting grid scattered all along the track. Without, you have only a queue of ai, without traffic on opposite way.
So, probably is sufficient create a new ai, but the best result can be achieved only if you can edit the AC objects.

Ok so what I understand is that all is needed is to create a AI lane driving on the right side of the road ( or left if japan or UK) and to do a U turn at some point twice.

@Mikango, how do you get your track to show that you are driving the wrong way or is this just a by product of creating an AI lane that goes back and forth?
Creating the scatered starting finish line is a very nice touch but not necessary. Using different AI strengh will create a spread out traffic after a few laps. Using a not too long a to B road will be an asset to have denser traffic.

the Wrong way is created by the game just like when you go in reverse in a circuit.
The wrong way is displayed because of the fast_lane.ai mate trust me.

Start a practice... come out of the pits... drive the wrong way... wrong way sign!
Go into the ai folder... rename the fast_lane.ai to something else so the game can't find it...

Start a practice again... come out of the pits... drive the wrong way again.... No wrong way sign! ;)

No worries mate... I lost track of which thread I was in lol I thought I was replying to a comment you made in my track support thread... As I was just talking about giving my track oncoming traffic!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 464 39.1%