1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Southern Hemisphere (Australasia New Zealand) rFactor Events

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Andrew Scott, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    Premium Member

Iam currently in the process of organising and building a Southern Hemisphere Club,
    this is basically due to the time difference to the Northern Hemisphere.
    The idea is to provide race events in our timezone (GMT7+ to GMT11+).
    Although I must Thank, the European & American Racing Clubs for organising race times so we can all enter in their events, and continue to participate in the future.

Starting Format:
    The mods Iam looking at running to start are the BATHURST 72 and V8Factor 06 (will upgrade to 09 on realease).
    Also for the Open Wheeler fanatics, there will be nKPro1.1 events (check the nKPro section for info).

The SHC (Southern Hemisphere Club) is currently little more than an idea, it will NOT come to fruition without YOUR input and participation.
    So if you wish to see SHC permanantly on RD, help me make it work, after all your really helping yourself by helping me, as another club brings more events, more events means more fun for everyone.

Please leave a few words of support if you like the idea, also feel free to add any suggestions or comments, it all helps.

Cheers all

2. I'm definitely up for this. Hopefully there's enough of an Oceania rFactor presence here on RD to make this work. :D
  3. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Great to see someone trying to get more Aussie / NZ activities going here. I don't have nKpro, but I do have rF (although I hardly run it).

Just for interest, we currently have lots of Aussies joining our RD Rally Club events (Richard Burns Rally), so maybe we can share interests?
  4. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    Premium Member

Hi Rhys, glad to have your support m8, I think we will get it going without doubt. I feel its just a matter of "Spreading the Word" so to speak.

The 2 race mods ive chosen to fire up on hopefully will be big draw card as well :)
  5. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    Premium Member

Warren thats a Great idea, I was hopeing to get other race disciplins involve with this, hence the idea of a "Southern Hemisphere Club" or "Oceania Club", thanks for the idea Rhys.
    This will work gents, if we want it to.

Spread the word.

2ndEdit: Warren you can race F1600 with the Demo of nKPro m8
  6. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    Premium Member

Hi all,
    Just a bit of info for you, I have approached the guys at Ausmodders for permissions to run their Bathurst Legends 72 mod in a series here at RD, based on the 72 atcc, so as soon as Ive heard back I'll post it here.

Guys please post any ideas or suggestions on the series in here, thanks.

Cheers all.
  7. Would love to see this get up.

Although for open-wheelers, perhaps a mod for rFactor may be more accessible. I'm thinking the GP2 mod or the Formula 2 mod, or even a Formula 3 mod.
  8. What time of day in the UK would they be?

Silly I know, but I work nights so I'm unable to race as often as I'd like, but if these were in the mornings here then I might join you sometimes too:good:.
  9. Thre's no need to ask permissions tbh - we have already run a mini-series here with the BL72 mod.
  10. For what it's worth, Oceania sessions we have in the Rally Club start at 9:30GMT, which is 7 and 8:30PM in Australia.
  11. trackwise i'd say Bathurst, Phillip Island and a host of NZ and Oz tracks for the 72s. There are plenty to choose from.
  12. Hey,

Just wondering what night(s) it would be?

I'm keen but another league I'm in races over the weekend.

13. some interest :)
  14. I'm interested, getting up at 4:30am to race ain't fun :-D
    Australian Eastern Standard Time is +10hrs GMT for those that are curious.....add another hour at the moment
    for daylight saving (what are they saving it for?) & 3hrs(I think) for W.A.
    Not long ago I the drove the '72 mod in RD's real road race mini-series put together
    by Ryan Callan, & Im eagerly awaiting it's return.....they were all long tracks, Bathurst & Longford
    both clocking in as the shortest!
    Good luck with this fellas, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see how it goes.
  15. If these races are around the same sort of time that the Sunday Club runs (originally an Oceanic event) then I would definately take part in some of them. As many of the EU evening races overrun when I need to leave for work these would hopefully be in the morning once I'm home and my wife and kids will be out and at School. That is effectively my evening so it would be ideal:good:.
  16. I'm in Singapore and would be up for this.
  17. I'm interested, depending on the day of course.
  18. FYI New Zealand is currently +13 GMT
  19. So guys, will we be seeing some Southern Hemisphere races soon? I'm hoping they'll give me an oportunity to race more often when I get home from work:good:.
  20. i will be keen for some racing, depending on mod and day.