1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Sound problems

Discussion in 'Richard Burns Rally' started by Michael van Zadelhoff, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Hi,

Using RBR without any mods on a XP machine i am suffering from sound problems. This happens on occasion which makes the game stuttering.

Does anyone knows how to fix this? Also a friend of mine is using the same setup only on a Vista machine. He has no stuttering problems, but FFB won't work. Anyone a cure for this?

Thanks in advance.

2. have you installed both of the official patches?
    the readme from one of them definitely mentions a fix for "sound issues"....

3. Yes i did.

4. heh heh, i knew you were gonna say that... afraid i'm out of ideas then... it's an all new world to me atm :(

5. I had a similar problem and I fixed it by modifing the audio.ini file.

Give this a try, maybe works for you too. In that file, search the line "number of channels" or something similar ( I haven't played the game for a long time and I don't have it instaled to give precise indications ). By default it has the value "0". Change that value with a number being a power of 2 ( 2,4,8,16 etc.) and see which higher value works without the stutterings.

For my Creative Xi-Fi Audio, I used 8 channels. For the value of 16, the game was freezing.