Tracks Sorrow County WIP

Hello :)

Maybe an old abandoned oil field for the pitlane? With those (sadly not moving) piston thingies.

Nice work :)

Thats a classic! would look great for sure, pitlane or not i might add that somewhere in the flat areas

Or an abandoned Drive In Movie theater.

Why does everyone want everything to be abandoned? :D But yeah Drive in Movie sounds awesome!

classic-cars.jpg

You could take some liberties with a DMV... they're always designed to handle lots of cars.

If you have any bridges, you could have parallel "old highway" + "old bridge"; usually they build the new bridge alongside and just take out a bit of asphalt and repaint the lines to direct people around it, then remove the old bridge, but you could leave it functional.
dYaBvCq.jpg

You can see how the old highway was a bit farther north, they just took out the paving.

Good ideas :thumbsup:

Or just a classic US highway rest area :)

http://www.restareahistory.org/Site_Tour.html

A rest area is a must have sometime in the future!

Enought large cafe parking lot. - It is all we need for such kind of road to fit, for example online mode or single driving with ai.
@Hompe you mentioned as well airfield ? - also a good spot can be to place "pit-stop"..
And Thanks for 0.1 version! (PS.which i'm not driven yet :p ..)

Have you driven it yet? :unsure: Yeah the diner i already made is a good spot but its a bit too small, maybe i can expand it.. :)

Really looking forward to this. Definitely bring me back to the days of i76. Just need to convince Kunos to add turrets, rocket launchers, and mines and we will be all set lol!

Haha yeah imagine what the community would say.. "Fix multiplayer before you add rocket launchers!!!"

Desert Bus? :D

Love this video! its awesome, maybe i should add a bus stop or two!

A pretty rough cam file for anyone interested

Big thanks! norbs :thumbsup:

-----

Work is progressing, I have done some work to buildings and done some roadwork, you can see the new ones marked with the color black and the old 0.1 route is marked red

nolltv3whu6p.png

I have also started working on a road that goes through the mountains on the right there and rejoins with the red road, its super tricky to navigate a road through these huge mountains.. but its already super fun to drive it!

I will try and get a 0.2 version out pretty soon, this version will have more freedom to take different routes and most importantly: alot of corners! so you can enjoy the desert in the slower cars aswell :)

Thanks for all the support and ideas!

nolltv15eb22.png

nolltv2pzlrd.png

Hello

Project is not dead.. :thumbsup: i have taken a break from trackmaking since early december.. but finally got my groove back last 2 weeks and have been working on some things i will reveal more about soon!

So!

norr4blavp.png

As i said i took a break in december and i felt a bit sick of the big desert project, the plan before the break was to refine the area around the diner and add some new things which i did!

I made some new roads.. or ALOT of new roads actually, i also added a motel on the other side of the road and some small detail objects here and there :)

motel0laqb.png

The plan after that was to work on the northern part of the map where i wanted to have some vegetation and grass! i was not 100% sure what style to go for, maybe something with a california feel or something more crazy like a New Jersey, New York or Massachusetts style landscape :)

norr39uz7u.png

I then decided to do a little practise project, someplace where i can go wild and experiment with vegetation and grass and different roads and landscape and it all turned out pretty good, and i just kept going with it

I learned alot about making good(?) looking vegetation

norr5cslnp.png

And managed to improve my way of making tarmac

norru4by1.png

And after a few weeks of work the result is this:

norr2xxahd.png

A combination of 2 airfields in Sweden which i mixed together and created something simple yet quite amusing!

norr65dxbk.png

A simple point to point autocross going across the airfield, around a loop and back to the start point

norrmapbcxsl.png

So... basicly i started another project which stalled the progress on Sorrow County but also helped me craft my skills alot and hopefully Sorrow shall become something fantastic where you can enjoy the transition from hot sandy south to lush green north :thumbsup:

norr7euxvg.png

This for now Unnamed Airfield Project will hopefully be released very soon for all of you to enjoy!

As far as i know theres no track like this avaliable in Assetto and should be a nice fun short place to push the limits, enjoy some green nature and then head back to the start for another run!

norr9h2ly9.png

:thumbsup:

See you soon in the Desert

Great idea for getting certain things right before trying to do the same in Sorrow County. If you feel in need of any more practice - what about a dirt autocross?

Looks super cool, would also be great with a circuit as well!..................Inspiration!
View attachment 175703

Thats a very cool layout, but where would i find the time to make it? :( For now i keep it simple so i can get back to my other project

Great idea for getting certain things right before trying to do the same in Sorrow County. If you feel in need of any more practice - what about a dirt autocross?

Dirt is something i need to get better at indeed!

Oh and its out!

hoono8ths0j.png

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/hoono-flygplats.14335/

See you in Sorrow County

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back