Tracks Sorrow County WIP

alpha4a4jji.png

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sorrow-county.12534/

:unsure:
Will try it near 1-4 days. Yes, so uknown situation with free time..:p

Any way, Thanks You..!

Thank you very much for the preview. Goes very well with Bowie's "Im Deranged."
I get hypnotized and most of the time brake too late to make clean turns.
Looking forward to seeing where you take this track: would definitely like to see some twists and turns at some point.

I had fun there but I dont know why I can't go faster than 110km/h on the dirt now with the maserati levante.

PD: Is the sound of the sand in assetto corsa more appropiate than the sound of the dirt to suit in this kind of terrain?

Thank you very much for the preview. Goes very well with Bowie's "Im Deranged."
I get hypnotized and most of the time brake too late to make clean turns.
Looking forward to seeing where you take this track: would definitely like to see some twists and turns at some point.

I'm glad you like it! yeah its pretty fun to enjoy some music while you drive

Twists and turns are coming! it gets pretty booring just driving straight after a while :)

I had fun there but I dont know why I can't go faster than 110km/h on the dirt now with the maserati levante.

PD: Is the sound of the sand in assetto corsa more appropiate than the sound of the dirt to suit in this kind of terrain?

I gave the dirt some resistance, its just an experiment i might make it a bit faster again, havent tweaked it so much yet :thumbsup: As for the sound, is there different sounds for sand and dirt? in that case i will have to listen to them both, i havent really touched that either :unsure: i saw sand, i wrote sand and sand it became :thumbsup:

I wish to thank everyone who downloaded my little alpha preview, almost 500 downloads already.. thats awesome!! :) and im honestly suprised how much positive feedback i got and its awesome to read the nice things you guys took the time to write :thumbsup:

Im glad i decided to spend a day cleaning the whole project up and release it, i now feel very motivated and excited to bring you guys more and more fun things, Theres alot of things i have in the works and some of them you have seen already in this thread like the airfield and the race track etc..

I also did some thinking about all the little unfinished places i have in the works, i need to stop running around adding one thing here and one thing there... and i think from now on i will do them just one at a time instead, so i can really make them great, and when i feel alot of great things have happened to this project, we can go 0.2 and then 0.3 etc

First the square road you drive in 0.1 shall be even better, then i will expand the diner crossroads with some fun things i have in the works.. and also the big chief gas station is going to get some proper love in its surroundings, more details! better terrain... and it should be a great place aswell :thumbsup:

And yeah, we're to have some proper turns to play on in the next version too.. im looking forward alot to working on this :)

afteralphafis0d.png

I need some suggestions from you guys aswell: i havent really figured out the pitlane, it has to be a pretty big place near the main road that can fit alot of cars, any ideas?

Cheers

You could take some liberties with a DMV... they're always designed to handle lots of cars.

If you have any bridges, you could have parallel "old highway" + "old bridge"; usually they build the new bridge alongside and just take out a bit of asphalt and repaint the lines to direct people around it, then remove the old bridge, but you could leave it functional.
dYaBvCq.jpg

You can see how the old highway was a bit farther north, they just took out the paving.

Last edited:
You could take some liberties with a DMV... they're always designed to handle lots of cars.

If you have any bridges, you could have parallel "old highway" + "old bridge"; usually they build the new bridge alongside and just take out a bit of asphalt and repaint the lines to direct people around it, then remove the old bridge, but you could leave it functional.
dYaBvCq.jpg

You can see how the old highway was a bit farther north, they just took out the paving.

Great idea - but then the bridge/road needs to be nicely weathered.

upload_2016-11-1_19-17-17.png

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

97268212.jpg

1914.jpg

Enought large cafe parking lot. - It is all we need for such kind of road to fit, for example online mode or single driving with ai.
@Hompe you mentioned as well airfield ? - also a good spot can be to place "pit-stop"..
And Thanks for 0.1 version! (PS.which i'm not driven yet :p ..)

Really looking forward to this. Definitely bring me back to the days of i76. Just need to convince Kunos to add turrets, rocket launchers, and mines and we will be all set lol!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%