Tracks Sorrow County WIP

Alright!

Overall I'd suggest some used look. Old tarmac, decayed buildings/ghost towns, an abandoned airstrip and so on. But I'd also suggest to put some life in there by having some places where there seem to be some people living their daily life. I.e. maybe some bigger gas station, a motel, maybe a small town with some parked cars and so on. :)
And what about a salt lake with some tents/pavillions and some people with cars standing around? ;-)
Options are endless... Make your choice ;-)

Some of those things are coming / are already there, some things.. not yet.. BUT the future should have many exciting things and i think once its done, you will like what the track has to offer, if you get boored of driving around in the wasteland, there's going to be other things to do!

qa130sej.png

Haha...such a jump would be cool. :) Will be funny to see what AC's physics will make out of it. ;)
But...please don't make any jump mandatory. Would be too arcadish imho. ;)
I think it fits best when there is an abandoned road. ;)

I agree! this track has no fixed route, you can go anywhere you want and do anything you want.. inside your car!, its up to you! if you want to jump, go jump! but if you just want to have fun at a small parking lot with a 500 Abarth, you can do that instead :)

Get in, and have fun!

qa2b5ojm.png

I would say something to improve speed sensation (only if you think it needs it, because now with a wavy road and some bushes at the sides maybe it's ok) or something like an airfield/old track like people says would be OK, also some meeting point worth to reach would be also nice ;)

I think the speed sensation is pretty good even for a desert, the way the car constantly moves around with the road which is attatched to the world, and things like bushes and small hills flying by your window, its really quite nice :)

Heres a clip of some bump experiments sorry for the low fps and keyboard steering :p

Get far enough north and its not going to bushy desert anymore.. hehe! stay tuned..

I agree on the meeting point, my dream would be to have (once track is done) a 24/7 server running the track and the best street+drift cars in assetto's base content, and people can go into the server, meet up at the starting point, maybe head out on the open roads, cause trouble in town or head to the nearest track or drag strip and challenge eachother :) but thats a long way from now, lets hope i finish the track before assetto is 20 years old and nobody plays it anymore.. :p But maybe that doesnt matter.. if its good enough people will come back for it, just look at targa florio or the updated spa for Grand Prix Legends, if atleast 1 person enjoys my work for 15 minutes.. then it will be worth it, its fun to make tracks!

Now we just need a White Dodge Challenger to blast across the whole map in... :sneaky:

I agree, someone needs to make this!

If you're asking for suggestions, i'd say...
Make it abandoned desert-moto-city like. I mean except the main road(s) add a airstrip for drag, some kind of parking lot or big gas station for player meetings, maybe some abandoned race track (horse thief mile comes to mind, would fit nicely). A broken bridge over a dry river canyon that you need to jump in order to get to the track? Or abandoned mlitary base, y'know. Just so it feels alive, with it's own spirit, that someone was racing and living here in the past. Not like just another generic track.
I'd absolutely love to see that happen, happy to test as well.

I agree with you there, as i wrote up there :rolleyes: theres going to be things to do and i want to make it feel alive aswell, and my aim is to do more than a track, my aim is to make a world, and you should have fun exploring it anyway you want :cool:

qa3wnp7i.png

Thank you for all the kind words! if anybody wants to help making assets for the track, send me a message!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!!!
It looks very promising, and the way you talk about the track (going miles and miles away and a "track" that seems a world map plus that promising video) tells me that I'm going to have fun in it much more than 15 minutes, I and some friends (maybe 8) would be pleased to enter in that server :)

I feel like the road should lead to a track like Riverside. Like an old, dusty, abandoned, version of Riverside.

Haha offcourse you would like that :D I havent really decided what to do for a track yet, part of me wants something small and drift related, but a big nice racetrack would be cool too, or even an oval with a road course attatched to it like new hampshire would be cool.. or why not 2 tracks? but that would take alot of time.. i would have to make everything surrounding the track looking good aswell since youre actually going to be able to drive there, go through the main gate, through the parking lot and into the pits and then onto the track.. should be a pretty cool experience!

Im going to sit here and think about it :)

thinktqpnv.png

Haha offcourse you would like that :D I havent really decided what to do for a track yet, part of me wants something small and drift related, but a big nice racetrack would be cool too, or even an oval with a road course attatched to it like new hampshire would be cool.. or why not 2 tracks? but that would take alot of time.. i would have to make everything surrounding the track looking good aswell since youre actually going to be able to drive there, go through the main gate, through the parking lot and into the pits and then onto the track.. should be a pretty cool experience!

Im going to sit here and think about it :)

thinktqpnv.png
I wouldn't go too crazy on the details if it were me. I think of it as a baron waste land so the track would just sort of appear. No big structures or anything. Maybe some old half torn down grandstands or something. As far as the track I would make something of decent size with the option for a smaller drift circuit or something. An old abandoned Oval with and inside/outside course would be cool and I'm sure you could get a drift circuit in there as well. Texas World Speedway comes to mind as an old rundown oval.

Building the layouts is the easy part. It's the details that take time. That's why I personally like the idea of it being run down and abandoned so you wouldn't have to model every little detail.

Obviously it's your project I'm just thinking out loud.

Can't wait for the betatesting :p:p:p:p Everytime I go to the maserati levante I think in offroading this track or run it with a nice open wheel old car

What about an airplane graveyard for a drift/gymkhana course between them? I remember in 4x4 Evolution, there was an abandoned airplane graveyard and a Area 51 looking airfield far away in a desert map.

Hello :)

I wouldn't go too crazy on the details if it were me. I think of it as a baron waste land so the track would just sort of appear. No big structures or anything. Maybe some old half torn down grandstands or something. As far as the track I would make something of decent size with the option for a smaller drift circuit or something. An old abandoned Oval with and inside/outside course would be cool and I'm sure you could get a drift circuit in there as well. Texas World Speedway comes to mind as an old rundown oval.

Building the layouts is the easy part. It's the details that take time. That's why I personally like the idea of it being run down and abandoned so you wouldn't have to model every little detail.

Obviously it's your project I'm just thinking out loud.

Indeed! Also i would make it empty, so no bothering with crowds and marshalls and trucks in pits etc, when a track is empty of people its usually very clean :)

Can't wait for the betatesting :p:p:p:p Everytime I go to the maserati levante I think in offroading this track or run it with a nice open wheel old car

The maserati is fantastic, its a good offroad car and its great on the road aswell, it beats the Alfa 4C on my track :cool:

What about an airplane graveyard for a drift/gymkhana course between them? I remember in 4x4 Evolution, there was an abandoned airplane graveyard and a Area 51 looking airfield far away in a desert map.

I might check that out and get inspired, as you can see on the map below theres a place on there now which could be good for gymkhana, i love playing around buildings and various items gymkhana style, so i will for sure make something fitting in the future

This movie just came into my mind:

Good inspiration in case you didn´t watch it.

Never seen that one, looks cool and i will check it out sometime! lately ive been trying to watch alot of desert related movies :D

Heres a little update :thumbsup: I havent gotten much done last 2 weeks but i changed the layout a bit, i removed some old parts for now because i want to keep it simple and solid for when the beta is done, the old previous straight road is shown in black, i decided to remake this.. and since the bottom road was so close to the edge of the terrain (on the left there..) Im going to end it there and force you to head north or south instead!

map3eju23.png

The road is not as wide as in this picture, i drew the roads in photoshop because otherwise you would not even be able to see them!

To put things in perspective, the thickly marked, rectangular route is 22km long and the Norschleife is 20.81km long, so yeah.. its not short thats for sure :)

And theres ALOT more roads coming later :thumbsup:

Also i decided to compare the size with a certain map i think alot of you have driven on.. it should be somewhat accurate i hope and as you can see theres enough room for me to work on this map for a very long time :laugh:

Apparently the GTAV map takes about 6minutes to drive across from north to south :) and 5 hours to walk across (or drive the Abarth 595 SS)

vsgtalfjsf.png

Estimated Release Date: 2036-07-24?

Thats all for now, have a nice day!

f4000t9s6x.png

Last edited:
I almost thought that this is screenshot from progress of this map :D . But really good reference.:thumbsup: I think in this photo is almost everything what is needed for this track.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back