Tracks Sorrow County WIP

dreamy200py8.png

• Type: Untouched Unforgiving Road
  • Length: ?

I've had this idea for a very long time since 2012-2013 when i first saw the movie Thelma & Louise

For a long time i've had a fascination for the desert, its very different from the type of nature i live in and its a part of some of my favourite movies and TV shows which is also a big passion of mine :)

The original plan was to make a series of long desert roads connected to eachother by making a loop through different types of wasteland (Rocky mountains, Desert Plains, bushy fields etc)

I made alot of desert enviorment experiments in rFactor 1 + 2 and Stock Car Extreme

The plan now is to finally get this dream track done! And AC is a great platform for this type of track with its large amount of road cars and mods!

I will make the track with the help of Race Track Builder and i have already found some good locations and learned a few things about track modding for this game over the past year or so.. The Layout will be simple for now, Just a series of straight tarmac roads (with realistic profiles and bumps) connected to eachother and offcourse the desert wasteland will be driveable aswell if you use a car for the enviorment

I want to keep the track very untouched, no big crowds or race track atmosphere.. Imagine a route put together by some street racers on normal untouched roads, dangerous and fun! its just a sim after all :)

Nice to see more and more people moving over... there seems to be a pretty good chance for the community to live on. :)

Good luck with your track... I'm still looking forward to it... no matter where I see it. ;)

Thank you for the nice words guys!

lambo3ueo5q.png

Not much has happened to the track unfortunately due to thieves stealing my energy and hapiness lately :( but summer holidays are not far away! there will be lots of time and energy to satisfy my creativity using Assetto Corsa then :thumbsup:

However i managed to find some energy yesterday and worked on textures a bit, i learned some things and in return the track already starts to look better, now im just focusing on making everything which is in the track now feel and look solid and of good quality, after that its gonna be alpha testing time! :thumbsup: That should hopefully be soon!

Heres a pair of nice shots with a blue Lambo:

lambo1yhb2c.png

lambo2gxlza.png

And a big THANK YOU to racedepartment for making this forum a great replacement to AC forums, its nice to be back here once again :)

Thank you for the nice words guys!

lambo3ueo5q.png

Not much has happened to the track unfortunately due to thieves stealing my energy and hapiness lately :( but summer holidays are not far away! there will be lots of time and energy to satisfy my creativity using Assetto Corsa then :thumbsup:

However i managed to find some energy yesterday and worked on textures a bit, i learned some things and in return the track already starts to look better, now im just focusing on making everything which is in the track now feel and look solid and of good quality, after that its gonna be alpha testing time! :thumbsup: That should hopefully be soon!

Heres a pair of nice shots with a blue Lambo:

lambo1yhb2c.png

lambo2gxlza.png

And a big THANK YOU to racedepartment for making this forum a great replacement to AC forums, its nice to be back here once again :)

Wow, I love it. I feel partched just looking at those shots - I need a beer now :D

Glad and excited as always to see more progress :D
I will keep giving ideas but I'm too excited to see your road ! ;D
BTW I'm Kalamede in the AC forum

Last edited:
Do not go where the road may lead you, go instead where there is no road and leave a trail.. because: Quattro :thumbsup:

quattro117o8x.png

quattro2iusvz.png

quattro3cqk7w.png

Not so much progress since last time but i felt it was time for some more pictures! I want to add something more before i give it out for testing as its just roads right now.. been thinking about what that thing might be, more roads, buildings, signs, landmark or maybe airstrip? what do you guys think?

Glad and excited as always to see more progress :D
I will keep giving ideas but I'm too excited to see your road ! ;D
BTW I'm Kalamede in the AC forum

Welcome back!

Looking forward to this, love public road tracks in AC.

Great progress so far, can't wait to drive it! (I'd be happy to beta/alpha test... :rolleyes:)

Noted!

Have a nice day everyone :thumbsup:

If you're asking for suggestions, i'd say...
Make it abandoned desert-moto-city like. I mean except the main road(s) add a airstrip for drag, some kind of parking lot or big gas station for player meetings, maybe some abandoned race track (horse thief mile comes to mind, would fit nicely). A broken bridge over a dry river canyon that you need to jump in order to get to the track? Or abandoned mlitary base, y'know. Just so it feels alive, with it's own spirit, that someone was racing and living here in the past. Not like just another generic track.
I'd absolutely love to see that happen, happy to test as well.

Overall I'd suggest some used look. Old tarmac, decayed buildings/ghost towns, an abandoned airstrip and so on. But I'd also suggest to put some life in there by having some places where there seem to be some people living their daily life. I.e. maybe some bigger gas station, a motel, maybe a small town with some parked cars and so on. :)
And what about a salt lake with some tents/pavillions and some people with cars standing around? ;-)
Options are endless... Make your choice ;-)

155376611-desert-road-trip-landscape-gettyimages.jpg

ghost_town_desert_wild_west_cg4p963837c.jpg

Airfields_NV_LasVegas_html_m1be416e3.jpg

Streetscape-in-Tonopah-Nevada-USA-750.jpg

rural-gas-station-in-the-desert-utah-usa-ffj0n7.jpg

977143996-amboy-roy's-motel-mojave-desert-route-66.jpg

Last edited:
I would say something to improve speed sensation (only if you think it needs it, because now with a wavy road and some bushes at the sides maybe it's ok) or something like an airfield/old track like people says would be OK, also some meeting point worth to reach would be also nice ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back