Sony Sets Playstation 4 Price at $399

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Sony today announced at the E3 in Los Angeles their price for the upcoming Playstation 4 console.

While Microsoft announced their pricing model for the Xbox One with $499 earlier today its the Japanese company undercutting their american rivals with a $399 price set for the Playstation 4.

The PS4 will furthermore support used games and continues the disc based game model which will be well received by fans of the second hand market.
View the Post on the Blog

Is it just me or has sony not yet made any comment on what that kinect look alike thing is in all the pics?
i dont think the have mentioned it much yet, i guess they dont really care about it, most people wont use it anyway. same thing for the kinect, its just that microsoft is obsessed with making everyone buy into their gimmicks whereas sony just care more about making the console what it needs to be for gaming.
Microsoft: "Yo dawg i heard you like TV so i made a box that allows you to watch TV on your TV!" "oh and it can be voice controlled with a camera, how awesome are we right?"

Yep if I buy a new gameconsole it will be this one, never tried the Xbox but I'm sure it will be about the same quality, but the price and the abbility to share my games with my friends makes the difference for me. Great that there are competitors, the price is much lower than the playstation 3 when released because of it!

I get what microsoft are trying to do. For the average modern gamer having the ability to use any of your games on any console without needing the disks at all is pretty cool. I know id like to be able to just sit down and pick a game off my HDD without needing to go get the disks. As well as being able to jump between games and other stuff on the console instantly, such as tv with the added interactivity from the xbox interface, without waiting. And for 99% of the ppl who were thinking of buying the xbox one reliable internet connection is not a problem so the once a day drm check wont be an issue, I think its more the principle of the thing that has everyone annoyed. i.e. you buy a game but are not the master of what can be done with it or who can play it. I've been very vocal about my unhappiness with microsofts used game rubbish but everyone asks me the same thing "how often do you share a game with a friend"? and the answer honestly is basically never. I let my dad try my new games after i play them so he can decide if he wants his own copy or is happy to just use mine when im not on it and losing that ability will be annoying. Yes i know they have said it will have 1 transfer license on it for ONE friend to borrow it but thats not good enough. They have said something like 9 of your family members can have access to your entire game library so for me that kinda solves the dad issue, however do best mates have to prove they are family or can i just tell xbox they are related to me so the 1 or 2 guys i would share games with can use my games? I cant see that being allowed as no one would buy there own copy, just get 1 guy to buy each game and all use a shared library lol

Well if microsoft is smart they'd make the sharing pretty much unlimited. Only restriction would be that only one user at a time can access the game with priority going to the original purchaser should he decide to play the game while a "friend" is playing it.

Sony definitely look like they got it right this time around. Unfortunately most of this is great news for ardent PS3 users. Having the ability to play my 4 or 5 outdated PS3 games on the PS4 means nothing to me. Had Sony been able to actually hold me as a customer then we'd be talking. This is good news for getting new customers who haven't chosen a system yet as far as Sony is concerned. Unfortunately there isn't enough here to bring over ardent Xbox users. Xbox Live is still superior to what the PS3 is doing and to be honest the xbox experience goes beyond the xbox itself.

I have friends on xbox that I talk with regularly on the phone that I met on xbox. Microsoft's social aspect is a stronghold. They really needed to probably emphasize some of that IF they indeed improved it.

As for myself as someone mentioned earlier I'm glad I went PC last year. I really don't have to mess with any of this. The PC I built last year has some of the same specs as both these consoles AND I got triple screen.

If I do buy a console it will be the PS4 but nothing I've seen yet really excites me. Might just wait until GT7 is out, which could be a very long time.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 270 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 180 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 181 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 133 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 238 13.5%