Something Wicked This Way Comes...

Well, Mr Fed X says that its landed in the UK. :D

He says that it is awaiting clearence from his depot. :)

He says that he will be delivering it on Monday... :wink:

Monday... Monday. MONDAY!!!!!
:thumbup:

Better crack on with the paint job then....

More to follow soon Guys....
Regards
George

Who knows what it is and your gonna like it!

:banana::banana::banana:

What a day, what an experience, what a rig..... Hitting the brakes at 200 and kissing the steering wheel as your thrown forward under the force of braking when your just sitting there is a feeling that you can't put into words, then there's the rear traction loss. Stepping the back end out as you floor the throttle feels like it should and adds so much. Hooning a Aussie V8 round Brands was my opening gambit. I floor the throttle leaving the pits and a smile breaks across my face as I'm forced back into the seat, Paddock Hill approaches and I'm thrown sideways as I steer in, up the hill towards Druids and I almost kiss the wheel as I hit the brakes. I try to aim for the apex but I braked to late and to hard and I'm being shaken about as the back end is stepping out and I'm trying to get the car back under me...... fail, I lose it and just sit there giggling. This is the most fun I've had without a woman being naked since I was 15. Then we get the vette out for a few laps round the Indy road course. Again the smile breaks out as I hit the banking coming into the last sector, I can feel the banking not just see it..... OMG, I want more more more, Williams round Silverstone, Lotus 79 round Spa, every car feeling different, the smile the same. The simxperience rig is the most serious piece of sim kit I've had to pleasure to use, as training tool for drivers in the real world it would be an incredible advantage (race teams take note, this bit of kit could save you fortunes in testing) sim racers this could be the most fun you could think of adding to your sim racing experience.

George thanks for a great days racing, look forward to doing it again.

Will.

EDIT: It seems wifey read this and has now hidden my credit card...... bugger

Upvote 0
George,

My stage IV has been ordered and will be shipped soon for arrival mid next week.
Perhaps you can share some assy tips,in regards to extra help as per the ins manual I recieved.
Also the need to cut the rods for the leveling feet.
Anything else would be great.
The assy is not really covered in detail in most forums,but should be especially the levling and seat base assy.

Thanks
Dan R
SIMCONMOTION OWNER 7/07

Upvote 0
George,

My stage IV has been ordered and will be shipped soon for arrival mid next week.
Perhaps you can share some assy tips,in regards to extra help as per the ins manual I recieved.
Also the need to cut the rods for the leveling feet.
Anything else would be great.
The assy is not really covered in detail in most forums,but should be especially the levling and seat base assy.

Thanks
Dan R
SIMCONMOTION OWNER 7/07

Hey Dan, good move dude! You will love the SimXperience!
There is nothing tricky in the build at all. Mine fell together.

Cutting the bolts for the leveling feet is no sweat at all. They are very soft and you can do it with a junior hacksaw and a small vice. Thats how I did it and it was easy.

Levelling the seat bace took half an hour. Its easy but get yourself a nice spirit level or a couple and your good to go, nothing to add just take you time on it.

Make sure that you have everything you need to hand, speakers, butt kicker, black cable ties and some of that neat black spiral cable wrapp so that your install is good.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10M-CABLE-WIR...rkingTools_Accessories_SM&hash=item43a6b65b08

+ these are usefull too, but get black ones
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wht-Plastic-W...839?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2563c23c9f

Have fun on your build, when it done lets race! :cool:

Regards
George

Upvote 0
George,

Thanks.

I have a simconmotion since 07 and looking forward to this upgrade.

Cst F1 with the wide brake pedal,Roso wheel on a g-25 next addition tsw or a1 shifter.
Do you think the buttkicker is needed?
Yea a race would be great.

Talk to you again

Dan R NJ USA

Upvote 0
Well, on my rig I have a gamer 2, and its mounted on a post welded to the seat frame of the simX rig. I am not too happy with this as I think alot of the vibes are getting lost in the seat frame...
I have just got a seat manu to make me a fitting on the bottom of the seat to take a (I will go and check the unit in a mo) ..... and this is a far bigger unit than the gamer 2. It costs double with the amp, but I think that when you go over a kerb you will deffinately know! : )
I got a BK BKA-4-NW & a BK Advance ohm.
They are due to be installed next week or the week after so when I know what ist like I will let you know.
Bigger is better .... right?
George

Upvote 0
Thanks for the invite to come and test drive the rig, i would be happy to come and give her a blast around with you and maybe we can do a highlight in the news thread on what this rig feels like to drive.

I will shout you next week as we spoke about

Nick

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back