1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Something that's been bugging me

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rhys Gardiner, Oct 7, 2010.

1. If I recall correctly, late last year there were logos and a site floating around for a "Pikes Peak Sim Racing Hillclimb" here on RD. I was always curious about this, as I love hillclimbs, but I never seemed to be able to get any information on it. Now I've tried searching it up again, and all that has turned up is a logo download in the GTR Evolution Mods section.

Does anyone here know what this "Pikes Peak Sim Racing Hillclimb" was, and what happened to it?

2. Thomas Hackel

Thomas Hackel
    Honk - Forum Games Moderator

I know only one Pikes Peak race and that was at Gran Turismo 2 for Playstation 1.
    It was really heavy to keep one of these two 1000hp machines on the road.

3. There is a Pikes Peak track forn GTL I know of but I have no idea of the quality nor legality of it.

4. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Rhys, not what you are looking for, but there is a Pikes Peak BTB addon stage for Richard Burns Rally (RSRBR2010 mod). In fact we ran that Stage in our Rally Club event last night, a very demanding, scary, but exhilarating ride. One of the guys even made a video of his run up the mountain, it's in this thread:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/europ...ribute-mon-18th-tues-19th-october-2010-a.html

BTW, if you are into Hillclimbs, why aren't you into RBR?

5. Hi Warren.

6. No guys, this isn't about addon tracks... it was apparently supposed to be a proper online event. I have no idea what happened with it, so that's why I asked. I was thinking maybe Eric Kaczmarek knew...

@Warren - I don't have RBR, though I'd like to - I saw it going for cheap in a games shop many moons ago but skipped on buying it... big mistake. :tongue:

7. Heh. At least you CAN get it! I had to get a friend in England get a copy and send it to me.

8. Hah, thing is, I haven't seen it since... hence the "big mistake". :D

9. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

If you really want it, you can still pick it up via EBay, cheap as chips. I got a couple of copies via Ebay, but the local Aussie distributer doesn't seem to be advertising at the moment.

10. You could maybe also see if one of your fellow forum members based in the U.K. should happen upon a copy and have him send it to you.

11. My thing too was, I don't deal with Ebay, never have, never will and so had to find an alternative.