1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Something changed with the forum protection

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Adam Vaughan, May 12, 2011.

1. Just logged on and seen the mess someone/something has done to the forum.

Has there been any change to the forum protection to let this happen? Also what about not allowing non licensed members to create threads in certain areas?

Could be a solution?

2. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

Nothing changed afaik Adam. Just think it was a particularly thorough spammer.

3. What I find a bit silly about the spam were getting on here lately is that it seems harder for me to report threads as spam than it is for the spammer\bot to post their crap. I've just reported 3 posts as spam and 3 or so earlier but to file the report you have to wait 30 seconds or whatever between each report.

4. Just file the one and we will pick up that user ;)

5. I reported a couple and then they popped up everywhere and I give up after that lol

6. Have the Admins tweaked something with the filter?, I haven't seen the mobile phone ad for a while, well done to the Admins if it's down to them :)

Regards

Craig

7. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

That popup you received from tapatalk you mean when browsing with a mobile device? Yes that one has been slaughtered and killed :)

8. No it was an Ad selling iPhones and Blackberry's posted in various sections on a daily basis, maybe they have just given up as the Admins\Mods were very quick to respond to Spam reports.

9. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

An occasional single post slips through now and then but most get pulled by a spam filter now.

As usual, if you do happen to spot any strays it's great for us if you hit the report button and we'll get it sorted asap :)