Someone that can teach drifting?

Hey! I've been learning how to drift for about 2 weeks and I know the basics but I'd like to have someone that can help me learn quicker and correct my mistakes, also, just to have fun.

Also, if you have any suggestion to what map I should try or any techniques to help me perform.

I don't know anybody that play Assetto Corsa and would love to have someone to have fun with.

I am currently using a Logitech G920 racing wheel and have no H-Shifter for now. I am planning on buying one to help me with my case.

-Monkeyyy

I have tried the Supra but for me, I think the Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R Drift edition works best. I am starting to master the Drift track from AC but, whenever I try a new map, I just can't seem to be as good or I can't hold a drift and fail every corner.

I finally decided to learn how to drift properly just yesterday. So far I've gotten as far as watching the first part of this video and testing for a hour on AC's drift circuit in the BMW M3 E30:

Well, I've been practising all day (literally), and I think it just clicked in my head. I know when to accelerate, turn, handbrake, clutch, etc. I just need a little more practice and I think I'm all good. Thanks for the help anyways! :p

Practising with the e30, from my own experience, is the best thing. But are you drifting with bad track grip and other stuff to get easy slide? Personaly I learned with 100℅ track grip and adjust tyres to my preference. When I go on server with like 97% grip and people with SV tyres @ 40 psi with the e30. Sliding at very low speed, I dont find this fun (but they call this showdrift from what I canap read). Personaly I like getting some grip, like this I have to get some speed to slide the car and I try to go for normal out-in-out lines but drifting :) close to the apex as I can.

Standart run for me when I launch AC :D.

I still don't know how to use the tire pressure and what it does exactly to the car performance but, for now, I put the track surface at "Fast".
Can you tell me about tire pressure and your track settings.
And for the assists, I put everything off, I'm not using any assists what so ever.

Higher tire pressure lowers grip, so if you want to slide more turn rear pressure up (for non-drift cars with limited setup this helps adjust the car's balance so it'll slide instead of understeering), if you want to slow down your overall cornering speeds turn the front up as well.

Having less grip makes drifting easier cause everything happens slower - takes longer to transfer weight, regripping is less sudden, etc.

I still don't know how to use the tire pressure and what it does exactly to the car performance but, for now, I put the track surface at "Fast".
Can you tell me about tire pressure and your track settings.
And for the assists, I put everything off, I'm not using any assists what so ever.

I'm always using stock tyre pressure when drifting, I dont feel the need to change it. (But can be good when using car without drift setup like as said Stereo, but I'm not using those cars ^^).

I'm always using perfect track conditions during my solo play. About assist I'm using the pro preset, but when a server is not using it and forced off factory ABS of some car, it's not really a problem.

Higher tire pressure lowers grip, so if you want to slide more turn rear pressure up (for non-drift cars with limited setup this helps adjust the car's balance so it'll slide instead of understeering), if you want to slow down your overall cornering speeds turn the front up as well.

Having less grip makes drifting easier cause everything happens slower - takes longer to transfer weight, regripping is less sudden, etc.

I have nothing to add.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back