Someone miss the old Hockenheim?

Erik Tveit

I can haz cookie?

Look, this video is recorded only months ago before the evil Tilke got his hand on this track. And the safety wasn't bad before either. It got the chicanes lowering the cars speed, and a lot of place to grass and gravel to stop.

Why Tilke, why this track, why? :frown:

Actually I'm :D

In my first 5 years, I didn't knew about this track. But then I was 9 I got f1 2001 to PS2. And the only track I played was this, :roflol:

Nurburgring is okay so long they doesn't touch Schumacer S. But the Nordsheleife, NO WAY!

If Tilke ever do I'll actually e-mail him. Like seriously. :)

One of the best tracks ever created. It always gave several overtaking opportunities per a lap, unlike the current one where the hairpin is the only place people seem to overtake at.

Tbh, on the old there are 4 major spots + the straights. And I believe it was possible into first turn. So another reason why I should be like it was.. BTW, someone know if the old layout is still there? :) I mean, is the asphalt laying there ATM?

Tilke evil? Please. He did not choose to modify Hockenheim - the people who ran the track had to shorten it to keep it on the calendar! What I don't get is why people blame Tilke alone... yes, he could have come up with a better design, but what was he meant to do? He had to come up with something because he was commissioned to redesign the track. If he hadn't, the circuit would have been taken off the calendar altogether - it was too unsafe in its original configuration, and it was F1 and Hockenheimring officials (NOT Tilke) that decided that the track should be shortened.

Don't blame Tilke, blame Formula One.

I prefer the old version, the new track seems to lack character, its a strange circuit to drive around (had a blast in F1 2010), I know people have their issues with the old version but i always enjoyed it in previous F1 games when i was younger and watching it on the TV.

old hockenheim was verry fast, but no so exiting, so my answear is "not realy"

btw, i went to hockenheim a few weeks ago :p got pics on facebook. the "arena" bit or whatever u call it (last few turns, pit area, front straight and turn 1) has about the same size as the whole Karlskoga Circuit XD

Old Hockenheim was awesome. The new track might as well be called another name. I remember that the second chicane, the Ostkurve was pretty dangerous if your brakes went out, they called it the billboard chicane, if my memory isn't corrupted. As you came into the chicane turning right and slowing down you had a wall in front of you before turning left. Actually a wall some space and then some tires, but you know what happens if something went wrong, you get planted on all that. You can still see it if you look at old videos on YouTube. I know by 1992 they changed the chicane so it was safer, but they just ****ed it up IMO.

abu dhabi, valencia,korea. all the same tilke s.h.i.t....no fast corners. no up an down. nothing ....boorring as hell and for go karts

i miss france,imola, austria and indianapolis so much.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back