SomeCar @ Sometrack

AC Newbie here. I saw the Abarth@mugello thread and have been hot lapping there a few times but hopelessly slow.
Is it a regular RD feature that someone posts a car and track on a weekly basis that fellow drivers can compete with and post setups and tips etc?

I see some of the times quoted and wonder about fuel levels and weather conditions.

Would it be in order to continue this thread with a weekly challenge stipulating
Car, Track, Weather, Tyres Fuel level etc so people can post their results and share setup tips?

There have been a couple of threads for Hotlaps against eachother, however car setup, fuel load, and weather conditions weren't regulated, so the times weren't necessarily comparable.

I'd be up for a more stringent set of rules to equalize things. ;)

Just download the RSR live timing app...on their webpage you can see what air and track temps people are running in addition to if they have tire wear and fuel usage enabled. It will even tell you what FOV and resolution they are using.
Ive got that. But as you say people are running different track temps and stuff so was thinking more of setting some standard criteria for RD guys to run against. And hopefully some discussion re set ups etc.

There are really fast guys setting crazy times out there but in my opinion those that have tire wear turned off should have an asterisk next to them.

Why? I have that, because that gives my consistency in my hotlapping. I want to be "rewarded" for my driving skills through my time based on my actual driving. I don't want to be faster/slower in a lap because of my fuel load (early in a session) or tyre wear (late in a session).

Just my humble opinion here, but that is what practice mode is for....Hot lapping should be as real as the sim can get...I don't think ghost car should be allowed in hotlap mode either....doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things as long as once multi is released we can set up servers the way we want and hope that like minded people are out there and join.

In a niche where a large group of people is shouting arcade to almost everything I've never understood what is sim about hotlapping really.

Imo there are only two realistic (on- or offline) game modes: test day and race weekend.

Racing is so much more than cutting curbs and whitelines just to boost your ego on a leaderboard based on a one lap miracle.

Racing for me is strategy, tactics, endurance, fighting for position, being really pleased with yourself finishing in P12 but having made that one awesome succesfull overtake on your competitor :)

Hotlapping is all we have at the moment....I just saw over at RSR that a "pro mode" will be implemented in the timing app soon that will require 1x fuel usage, 1x tire wear, default temps, and no assists of course. I completely agree with you about racing Bram but for the foreseeable future hot lapping is the only competition we have.

That its the only competition (not even official) we have is what concerns me. Some form of online play should come available soon otherwise I can't stick with it for much longer and put AC aside until its fully finished.

I normally only race online with other people and two days after each steam update release of new cars and tracks I completely loose interest and return to my other sims that I can race online.

How about:

Track: Magione
Car:
Lotus Exige S Roadster
Setup: Default setup (30L fuel)
Time of day: 14:30
Temperature: 23c
Mode: Practice
Tyre wear: 1x
Fuel consumption: 1x

I assume by default set you mean not to change anything and stay with street tires....I will run a few laps and see what I can do...I will run mine in hotlap mode though, practice mode you can skip as much track as you want with no penalties.

1:23.904 on lap 12.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.0%