1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Somebody likes my track...

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Davesta, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Well done that man!

2. Great stuff, congrats :)

3. You deserve it Dave - it is probably THE best karting track on rFactor and one of the very best tracks ever to come out of BTB

4. Wow, well done Davesta, little to short for my BTCC 2009 car, but tnx m8, gives me something to think about whats possible with BTB.

5. Grats Dave. Well deserved, wish that anybody who put serious time into recreating a good track got such recognition ;)

6. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

That's because it's a kart track.

7. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

Try with a Group B car!! Did that with my kart track.

8. Very nice track, congrats Dave!

9. Martin Bulgin

Martin Bulgin
    Premium Member

Well done, one thing the article says is rFactor was released in 07, I`m pretty sure it was 05.

10. Good one Dave, well done man, that's what I like to see. Some recognition.

If only I could work out a way of approaching some of the circuits around me to sponsor my racing........... that would be nice.
    One question: When the guys approached you to sponsor you in return for your creation, were there negotiations or did you have something in mind. The reason I ask, is that I wanted to approach certain track owners here for the same thing. just don't know how to approach/propose it really.

11. Thanks everyone, the kind words mean a lot.

Martin, I'll let the writer know. :)

12. I'm a regular at the track so I know the race director well. Once we had established exactly what they wanted from the track, they offered to pay for a season's worth of racing. It's not a permanent sponsorship, but it has certainly helped me out no end.

You have to realise that Buckmore is a track which has some of the best facilities in the country, and is always willing to expand and please its customers. Not all track owners will be willing to do the same thing, although I'm sure if you're a regular at a track and have a back catalogue of creations to prove the quality of work you're capable of, then you have a chance of getting the same kind of deal. Good luck to you.

13. I'm still a bit surprised they asked you to recreate it on a computer though, since I know the track (and liked it a lot) from a game called Super 1 Karting released around 2000 I think, and it was a pretty good rendition (not a bad little kart game/sim either, btw).

14. If it was released 10 years ago chances are it's a bit dated by now! They wanted something more modern and since it's unlikely you could convert the track from that game to another, rFactor was their best option, especially as I was going to make the track to start with.

15. That does make the most sense, yes. I couldn't imagine much different scenario's in this case anyway :) Next time try hiring you for laser scanning in iRacing..! ;)