Somebody likes my track...

Good one Dave, well done man, that's what I like to see. Some recognition.

If only I could work out a way of approaching some of the circuits around me to sponsor my racing........... that would be nice.
One question: When the guys approached you to sponsor you in return for your creation, were there negotiations or did you have something in mind. The reason I ask, is that I wanted to approach certain track owners here for the same thing. just don't know how to approach/propose it really.

Good one Dave, well done man, that's what I like to see. Some recognition.

If only I could work out a way of approaching some of the circuits around me to sponsor my racing........... that would be nice.
One question: When the guys approached you to sponsor you in return for your creation, were there negotiations or did you have something in mind. The reason I ask, is that I wanted to approach certain track owners here for the same thing. just don't know how to approach/propose it really.
I'm a regular at the track so I know the race director well. Once we had established exactly what they wanted from the track, they offered to pay for a season's worth of racing. It's not a permanent sponsorship, but it has certainly helped me out no end.

You have to realise that Buckmore is a track which has some of the best facilities in the country, and is always willing to expand and please its customers. Not all track owners will be willing to do the same thing, although I'm sure if you're a regular at a track and have a back catalogue of creations to prove the quality of work you're capable of, then you have a chance of getting the same kind of deal. Good luck to you.

I'm still a bit surprised they asked you to recreate it on a computer though, since I know the track (and liked it a lot) from a game called Super 1 Karting released around 2000 I think, and it was a pretty good rendition (not a bad little kart game/sim either, btw).

I'm still a bit surprised they asked you to recreate it on a computer though, since I know the track (and liked it a lot) from a game called Super 1 Karting released around 2000 I think, and it was a pretty good rendition (not a bad little kart game/sim either, btw).
If it was released 10 years ago chances are it's a bit dated by now! They wanted something more modern and since it's unlikely you could convert the track from that game to another, rFactor was their best option, especially as I was going to make the track to start with.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%