1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some questions, left the game for a while

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by David Danser, Jan 3, 2016.

1. I own project cars but was dissapointed with some issues it had in the beginning...
    Before i start playing again and might get frustrated again i have some question i hope people can answer..

1. Is my main concern and was the random ai the game had, meaning that every driver was the same strength and some random results happen each race in a championship, meaning that an average ai driver would finish 1st, 11th, 7th, 18th or something like this... This means Championships are useless..
    is this fixed ?

2. Was the corner cutting and the massive grip the ai had on the grass, how is this now ?
    I heard the ai has improved a lot though.

3. Is the programmed weather, thus making doing a championship over predictable, and also the ai knowing when the rain comes before human player does..
    How about the ai grip in the rain which used to be ridicilous.

Hope someone can help me, don't get me wrong it's a good game but for me this things are dealbreakers and don't want to make me play the game, hope someone can help me with this without me having to install the game again and start a career setting it up etc.

2. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Nothings changed.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. tnx for the response! gonna leave the game as it is then!

4. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

It's got worse with every patch

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

Hmm, everything is worse? I agree a couple things may have regressed (tire heating, ...) but for the most part it's much better than the first release.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Well I found more bugs with every patch well from patch 3 at least.

7. LacSlyer

LacSlyer
    Premium Member

It's easy for the AI to improve when it was horrendous to begin with. Unfortunately it hasn't improved all that much to the point of offline racing being worthwhile and they've officially stopped any work to improve it further. Furthermore, they've also canceled implementation of Custom Championships. So, in my opinion, there's really no point to play pCARS if you only intend to race against the AI.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tnx going back to assetto for offline racing then, too bad career in pcars had to potential to be awesome

9. Try out Rfactor 2 or Race Room Experience if u are looking for good ai and offline racing. They have way better ai then AC imho.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

yep GSC, R3E or rF2 if you wanna race against AI .. AC is not really up there when it comes to AI and racing offline is far behind (features wise)..

AC for hotlapping and ocassionally online,
    GSC, R3E for AI racing and online if you get lucky and find full servers
    rF2 waiting for enduracers mod right know

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Crap. Can you source that? I haven't seen anything about work being stopped on those. If so, that is REALLY disappointing :(

12. There are some interesting MODs adressing
    • custom championship
    • custom liveries
    • AI light enhancement
    • audio improvements
    on the way that seem to be promissing for some features that maybe won't never be developed by SMS. Take a look at the official pCARS-Forum - there is a (new?) section for "third party apps & API discussion" there, where these mods have been moved to, too; I think that's quite a lot for a game that even doesn't officially support modding at all ;)

• Like Like x 1