PC1 Some questions, left the game for a while

I own project cars but was dissapointed with some issues it had in the beginning...
Before i start playing again and might get frustrated again i have some question i hope people can answer..

1. Is my main concern and was the random ai the game had, meaning that every driver was the same strength and some random results happen each race in a championship, meaning that an average ai driver would finish 1st, 11th, 7th, 18th or something like this... This means Championships are useless..
is this fixed ?

2. Was the corner cutting and the massive grip the ai had on the grass, how is this now ?
I heard the ai has improved a lot though.

3. Is the programmed weather, thus making doing a championship over predictable, and also the ai knowing when the rain comes before human player does..
How about the ai grip in the rain which used to be ridicilous.

Hope someone can help me, don't get me wrong it's a good game but for me this things are dealbreakers and don't want to make me play the game, hope someone can help me with this without me having to install the game again and start a career setting it up etc.

It's easy for the AI to improve when it was horrendous to begin with. Unfortunately it hasn't improved all that much to the point of offline racing being worthwhile and they've officially stopped any work to improve it further. Furthermore, they've also canceled implementation of Custom Championships. So, in my opinion, there's really no point to play pCARS if you only intend to race against the AI.

yep GSC, R3E or rF2 if you wanna race against AI .. AC is not really up there when it comes to AI and racing offline is far behind (features wise)..

AC for hotlapping and ocassionally online,
GSC, R3E for AI racing and online if you get lucky and find full servers
rF2 waiting for enduracers mod right know

they've officially stopped any work to improve it [AI racing in career mode) further. Furthermore, they've also canceled implementation of Custom Championships. So, in my opinion, there's really no point to play pCARS if you only intend to race against the AI.
Crap. Can you source that? I haven't seen anything about work being stopped on those. If so, that is REALLY disappointing :(

It's easy for the AI to improve when it was horrendous to begin with. Unfortunately it hasn't improved all that much to the point of offline racing being worthwhile and they've officially stopped any work to improve it further. Furthermore, they've also canceled implementation of Custom Championships. So, in my opinion, there's really no point to play pCARS if you only intend to race against the AI.

There are some interesting MODs adressing
  • custom championship
  • custom liveries
  • AI light enhancement
  • audio improvements
on the way that seem to be promissing for some features that maybe won't never be developed by SMS. Take a look at the official pCARS-Forum - there is a (new?) section for "third party apps & API discussion" there, where these mods have been moved to, too; I think that's quite a lot for a game that even doesn't officially support modding at all ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back