F1 2011 Some older threads (archive)

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
* Just an idea guys, hope it might prove useful to some! *

We've all played racing games online where the first corner turns in to a demolition derby. Sometimes it's hard to find like-minded racers who like to play clean and fair. Your friends list might be a little empty or you might be playing at an odd time of the day when friends aren't online. If this has happened to you why not try this out:

1. Link removed

2. Wait for me to accept the request (will check the gamertag every so often)

3. When you want to play F1 2011 online check the friends list of 'Race Department' (which is viewable by all) to find fellow racers

The idea of this is to have a list of 100 people from Race Department who regularly play F1 2011 on Xbox 360 at your disposal 24/7. If you play with someone and have a good time then send them a friend request. If for whatever reason you decide not to play F1 2011 and/or Xbox 360 anymore please remove 'removed' as a friend making space for others.

Karl, several reasons: At least for me that I´m not an expert it will be harder to set up strategy... second point, the race time is at 2:00pm normally the time we eat in mexico, that means one hour or more if we get 75%, my family won´t be happy about that jajaja. Due to my connection problems, longer race... more probability to get disconnected.

Actually I`m almost sure i won´t race this Sunday :( no new connection yet... hate mexico`s internet providers :mad:

So at 9:00am Sat with 12 votes in Championship stands at:
75% = 7
50% =4
100% =1.
We need top make the call this time tommorrow and will count remaining votes.

Chris Hempsall will keep an eye on Cup votes and be standing in as Cup co ordinator for Richard Knight who apologises for the fact that he has had some important stuff come up and will be available only sporadically over the next few weeks. We look forward to Richards energy and unique creative input to our league when time becomes available again for him.

In the Cup it's 2 votes for 75% and 7 votes for 50%.

Looks like we'll be running 50% unless something drastic happens in the next 24 hours.

Also, can the cup guys please add me on Xbox live. Will make things easier on Sunday.

TheHemps

David would it be possible to include a time limit clause in 75%? It seems many who would prefer to do the shorter distance are in favour of this because of commitments the following morning, not because they prefer the race distance. If we have a disconnect for example and things get delayed, a qualifying + 75% race could put us quite late. Potentially for me that means we'll finish the race 6-7 hours before I am up for work the next day. 75% would be ok if we start on time and have no delays, but otherwise it will be uncomfortable. We could say for example that if we haven't started qualifying by 8.30 we go to 50%? Not necessarily exactly that, but something similar? Or we start the races at 7.30?

championship/75%

David would it be possible to include a time limit clause in 75%? It seems many who would prefer to do the shorter distance are in favour of this because of commitments the following morning, not because they prefer the race distance. If we have a disconnect for example and things get delayed, a qualifying + 75% race could put us quite late. Potentially for me that means we'll finish the race 6-7 hours before I am up for work the next day. 75% would be ok if we start on time and have no delays, but otherwise it will be uncomfortable. We could say for example that if we haven't started qualifying by 8.30 we go to 50%? Not necessarily exactly that, but something similar? Or we start the races at 7.30?

we started at 8:00 last season so maybe we could do that again?

OK it look like 75% has carried the vote. We have 8 ppl for 75% and 4 for 50% with only 3 left to vote.

Timings wise: Chris It seems it you and Andrew are the drivers with the valid concern re work on Mondays. We have been and plan to remain very punctual with league race starts. The timings for an 8:00 start would be 7:45 on XBL for a race start at 8:00 sharp. Race duration will average 1hour plus 15 mins quali. There are no restarts for disconnections.
Maybe we could do 7:40 on XBL for 7:50 race start??
Personally I can't be available any earlier because I bath my little girl and read her a story.

Race Results Malaysia
  1. Mercedes Benz Ash Kendall
  2. McLaren Chris Benham
  3. WilliamsGraham Jarvis
  4. WilliamsMartin Ott
  5. Ferrari Mark Greenall
  6. HRTDavid O'Reilly
  7. Sauber Chris Hezeldine
  8. Ferrari Jean-Francois Matte
  9. Sauber Andrew Ford
  10. Lotus Renault Gavin Hendley
Peter Hooper DNF
Jordan Dixon DNF

World Driver Championship Standings after Malaysia..
Rank, Team, Name, Points

1 Mercedes Benz Ash Kendall 50
2 Williams Martin Ott 30
3 Williams Graham Jarvis 30
4 McLaren Chris Benham 26
5 Ferrari Mark Greenall 22
6 HRT David O'Reilly 18
7 Sauber Andrew Ford 8
8 Sauber Chris Hezeldine 6
9 Ferrari Jean Francois Matte 5
10 McLaren Peter Hooper 4
11 Lotus Renault Gavin Hendley 3