Some New Alfa Content Coming to Assetto Corsa?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale .jpg

Marco Massarutto of Kunos Simulazioni has posted a very interesting picture on Facebook, prompting speculation that new Alfa Romeo content could be heading to Assetto Corsa soon...

The mystery post from Massarutto highlights one of the more ambitious and rare historic cars of Alfa Romeo's rich heritage, the visually (and audibly) stunning Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale.

Posted as part of his personal Facebook account, Massarutto confirms the brilliant little 33 Stradale will be "coming soon to Assetto Corsa", prompting some speculation as to if the car will be released as a standalone vehicle or part of a wider Alfa Romeo DLC package further down the line.

Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo.jpg

Produced between 1967 and 1969, Alfa manufactured just 18 examples of this high performance mid engine sports car and represents Alfa's intention to build a racing car for the road. Based on the foundations laid down by the Autodelta Alfa Romeo Tipo 33, the car immediately achieved near legendary status amongst motorcar enthusiasts.

Despite having been built during the early days of performance road car manufacture in the late 1960's, the 33 Stradale was still capable of achieving an incredible 0-60 mph in under 5.5 seconds and retailed from new for $17,000 - now thought to be in excess of $10,000,000 for a clean example of the vehicle.

Technical Specifications

Engine:
90° V8 DOHC
Displacement: 1,995 cc (121.7 cu in)
Power :230 bhp (170 kW) at 8,800 rpm
Torque: 200 N·m (150 lb·ft) at 7,000 rpm
Top speed: 260 km/h (160 mph)
0–97 km/h (0-60 mph): 5.5 seconds

Massarutto nor the Assetto Corsa team themselves have confirmed any release dates or pricing structure for the new DLC as of yet, however stay tuned to RaceDepartment to find out more as and when it becomes available.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Assetto Corsa RaceDepartment sub forum for all the latest news and discussions regarding Kunos premium racing simulation. Also don't forget to check out our substantial modding forum for downloads, modding discussions, add on cars and tracks as well as many useful additions to the Italian sim.

RaceDepartment hold regular racing events for a wide variety of skills, head on over to the RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa Racing Club to check out the many events we have available to join today!

Looking forward to more Alfa Romeo content in AC? Which cars would you like to see included if indeed a pack should be released? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Looking at the bigger picture, I can only deduce that development on AC has more or less ceased as there has been virtually zero news for months on the nuts & bolds development portion of the game.
How could have development ceased if they are working on Ferrari dlc and a game update? Which means that is news.
Closer to the update release we'll get more details. That's how it has always been since ever with AC.

Its puzzling why track rotation was left out of the AC multiplayer in the first place.
Well they don't talk about it once a month or anything but it's not really that puzzling.

When they developed the game, iRacing was by far the most popular racing sim. Like, 50+ times as many online players as the next one. So they assumed the multiplayer model where you sign up for scheduled races, with the browser-based launcher, is what sim racers wanted. So that's how it got built in AC. And that model doesn't have things like joining partway through a race, or track rotations - each session goes according to who signed up, on the track they expect.

The main things that are needed for public AC servers are not mods. You get such a variety even on PC, some using pads, they wont know about mods, mods are for leagues unless they are very unique and good like we hope DRM will be.

Main things needed for me are...

They are a series of tracks, more track variety and less waiting time. Sick of Spa, Monza, Nordshchleife, that is what most servers are.

eg.

Say Abarths, 4 tracks rotating, 10 min qually, 30 seconds to sort out fuel, setup, straight to race without the minute sitting there. 7 laps.

Quick fire racing like the old GT Legends days!!!

It would be very nice if after the Ferrari pack Kunos could offer, in the same way an Alfa Romeo pack, for example: TZ1 -TZ2 Giulietta TI and Giulia TI '65 Quadrifoglio (The "Race" Saloon Cars, GTA Corsa and obviously the marvellous 33 Stradale) All iconic and winner cars between the 60s and 70s. Who knows if they look at some gamers wishlist.....

About tracks: Noone has thought to SPA historic?? I don't find anything at all for AC...

Kunos has said it's not worth investing the time it would take to make the track.

"Marco revealed in Stefano's last stream Kunos already acquired the laser scan data for the track. But he also said he isn't sure if this huge task is worth doing, he fears it won't get much track time in the community. And investing six month into this project would not pay off."

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/community-poll-historic-spa.35030/

Kunos has said it's not worth investing the time it would take to make the track.

"Marco revealed in Stefano's last stream Kunos already acquired the laser scan data for the track. But he also said he isn't sure if this huge task is worth doing, he fears it won't get much track time in the community. And investing six month into this project would not pay off."

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/community-poll-historic-spa.35030/
Thanks for the reply. I referred myself about a possibility for the modders to take the track out, with permission, from another platform, I mean: I race on it in Papyrus GPL, and many circuits have been "taken with permission of...." to be put in Power and Glory (base GTR)
I'm not a modder so I don't know how could it be managed in the specific, but I ask could it be possible?

Thanks for the reply. I referred myself about a possibility for the modders to take the track out, with permission, from another platform, I mean: I race on it in Papyrus GPL, and many circuits have been "taken with permission of...." to be put in Power and Glory (base GTR)
I'm not a modder so I don't know how could it be managed in the specific, but I ask could it be possible?

Anything's possible if someone wants to put the time in. There's a ripped version of it out there but I doubt it's done with permissions.

Historic Spa seems like it could kill two birds with one stone. It's a race track, but because it's an old race track it's also a road, so would be a good place to drive road cars.

Certainly not historic Spa by any means, but I do have an historic road circuit in the making. It's 11.5km of real roads and is pretty good fun with both old and new cars - the Feldbergring from the 1950s

It's progressing quite nicely (just finished modelling, AO baking and texturing the buildings for the village at Ober-Reifenberg). Still lots to do but hopefully people will enjoy it as much as I do when it's released.

That's a fair assessment. It's not the most interesting track in the world. Most of it is driven flat out. The modern Spa is a much better circuit.

Certainly not historic Spa by any means, but I do have an historic road circuit in the making. It's 11.5km of real roads and is pretty good fun with both old and new cars - the Feldbergring from the 1950s

It's progressing quite nicely (just finished modelling, AO baking and texturing the buildings for the village at Ober-Reifenberg). Still lots to do but hopefully people will enjoy it as much as I do when it's released.
Is there a thread for following the development of your work?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back