Some More Assetto Corsa Porsche Previews...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche Teaser.jpg

Breaking news! Kunos Simulazioni are making some Porsches to release as DLC for Assetto Corsa! Probably the best kept secret in the world of sim raci.... wait. I jest of course, but hey, we all like preview shots from the upcoming Porsche Volume One DLC pack now don't we?

That pesky Marco Massarutto has been at it again, dangling the virtual carrot of Porsche to his captivated public. Today Massarutto has revealed yet another image of the beautifully recreated cars from Stuttgart, as development continues on the first fruits of the Assetto Corsa Porsche licence announced back in June.

In his latest post, Massarutto gives us another tantalising peek at seven of the 24 new cars due to enter the game once the three part Porsche DLC packages have been released. Now obviously I don't want to spoil the fun (or more realistically I don't know what they all are), so I'm not going to name the models shown in the opening image, I'll leave that down to you guys to guess...

Assetto Corsa Porsche Teaser 2.jpg

Back in June, when the official licence was first announced, Marco Massarutto had the following to say:

"I can't describe how proud we are about this partnership with Porsche, and how exciting it is to bring back the Brand in the simracing world. This Fall, Assetto Corsa will be the only multi-platform title to have the Porsche brand in a genuine racing simulation. The gamers, and our fans really want to have the chance to DRIVE the Porsche cars in a realistic manner. it's a privilege, and a big responsibility for us. We are working closely with Porsche with the aim to reproduce each single model with the maximum accuracy, and the fact that the same simulation will be used at Porsche race centres will push our team even more to provide the best Porsche virtual experience ever."

Assetto Corsa Porsche Teaser 3.jpg

You've probably already seen it, but just for fun, here's that Porsche reveal trailer again...

When the initial announcement was made, Kunos informed fans the first pack would be out for both PC and console this fall. Judging by the ever increasing number of images released, and the quality of those images, its not hard to imagine that the first instalment of this highly anticipated DLC is just around the corner. Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for the official release date as we keep our eye on developments across all three platforms for the game.

Assetto Corsa is available to purchase now on Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Assetto Corsa at RaceDepartment. Check out the sub forum and see what you can find. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a dedicated sub forum focusing on the world of modding discussions, all the latest news, loads of community chat and of course the epic Racing Club and Leagues events.

Looking forward to the Porsche Volume One DLC pack? Do you think the game will do the famous German brand justice? Let us know in the comments section below!

Oh man looking forward to this. Cant wait to get a more complete GT4 lineup though, its getting quite popular (Porsche Cayman GT4, M4 GT4, Ginetta, McLaren 570s GT4, Aston Martin, Camaro, etc) Should provide for some awesome racing. Anyone have any concrete dates on release of the Porsche pack? Hope its soon.

Oh man looking forward to this. Cant wait to get a more complete GT4 lineup though, its getting quite popular (Porsche Cayman GT4, M4 GT4, Ginetta, McLaren 570s GT4, Aston Martin, Camaro, etc) Should provide for some awesome racing. Anyone have any concrete dates on release of the Porsche pack? Hope its soon.

This is the one I hope comes to AC soon. Not an overly huge fan of the street version but somehow I love the GT4 version.

maxresdefault.jpg

Actually he is :)

Indeed, think he did a few Blancpain races this season as a "Gentleman Driver".

timthumb.jpg

he is an amateur and not a fast driver at all.

Still more of a "race car driver" than most the people on this forum, and probably faster than you or me. ;)

This is the one I hope comes to AC soon. Not an overly huge fan of the street version but somehow I love the GT4 version.

View attachment 156201

Indeed, think he did a few Blancpain races this season as a "Gentleman Driver".

View attachment 156202

Still more of a "race car driver" than most the people on this forum, and probably faster than you or me. ;)
Probably faster, because I have never sat in a real GT3 car, but comparing his pace to the rest of the grid at Spa, not looking good.

Probably faster, because I have never sat in a real GT3 car, but comparing his pace to the rest of the grid at Spa, not looking good.

Blimey, why is it that every where I go, I find you have been there first. Spreading the hate. It's just unnecessary. As the very well used but perfect for this moment saying goes...

You must be real fun at parties.

Well, he is just a monkey who makes car films for the interwebs. Gotta start somewhere. I'd still much rather have his job than mine!

But hey, at least he's no Vadim Kogay, ain't he? :whistling:

Ha! I watched some of that race, that dude was a complete joke! A hilarious joke, but a joke none the less. :roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years