Some issues regarding RD R3E events

Dan Costa

World Champ Procrastination n' Hoarding Series
Hi guys! Monday mornings, right? lol ... just 6 more days till the next sunday race. oh bummer.

In order to past time:

- Like Bakus said in the latest sunday race, I feel split 20 minute races feel like a straight jacket. Sundays have been traditionally the "main" event of the week everybody looks forward to, and should really reflect that.

- Pit rules would be very welcomed on the main topic. What is a pit stop?

Can I only re-fuel?
Can I only change tires?
Can I only change front or rear tires?

I recon to have caught penalties in more than half the races I entered.

- In-game time of day settings should be set on the topic as well.

When aiming for consistent fast lap times you dont use the track signs for cues as they are 50 meters apart. You use shadows, trees, poles, patches of grass. The visual cues all change dramatically between noon/sunset/morning.

You could say this is fair for everybody because it applies to everyone on the server, but really, you are just penalizing those who give these races one hour of practice on a saturday instead of jumping in blind on sunday. Know your car/track before entering a race should be your nº1 rule unless drinking beers with friends is the only reason these races are for.

Sunsets are also really hard to see on a D65 calibrated computer screen, as the brightness is properly dim mimicking real life sun set. I bet it looks very film-like and bright - michael bay transformer movies - on screens with brightness bumped up to eleven, but again, there is a very good reason racing is done at mid day, as its called racing and not a sunday afternoon stroll.

You could say I'm taking the races seriously and they are supposed to be fun. Well, they are, but who's to say whats fun? drinking beers while chatting around on teamspeak? sure. Whats also fun is racing. And perhaps catching the fast guy in front of you in equal terms without concerns about the pit roulette or the odd guy who wasn't aware his car locked rears when shifting down to 2nd while being blue flagged by the leaders.

I hope this resonates with some of you guys.

cheers

@Andy Jackson name and shame, cause It's not the first time you say that "alien's" divebomb and I for one didn't hear anyone else recently when me, Reggie or someone comes trough the field or laps some of the slower guys, we all learn from mistake and if I divebombed anyone they should tell or report me.

Not you or I would have told you. And Reggie is as clean as the best. Always was in Race 07 too a few years ago. And I have had a go at the ones doing it previously too. If you have divebombed any one I am sure you would know you had done it Mr C. But don't tell me it doesn't happen. But hey no worries. Life goes on. Enjoy your racing here at the club. :thumbsup:
Gotta go, got the first 2 practice sessions at the Hungaroring for tomorrows Formula 1 race. Really looking forward to it.

Last edited:
The amount of practice is a non-problem as long as you are able to handle the car.

Like I said after the Norisring DTM club race. I hadn't touched the game for months, and I joined the server a few minutes before the end of the practice. I got two 4th places, and the fastest lap of the races combined. I'm not really a fast guy, it just clicked on that track.

Also. I have not practiced for any race or rally for years. Club race or League race.

Practice in terms of getting to know the car and track is all you really need to have some clean fun in the clubs. But one doesn't need to master the track to participate. However, I personally do not sign up for a race unless I know I'll have time to familiarize myself with the track/car combo and also at least have time to attempt to master the track. Mistakes do happen though when pushing too hard.

I think a friendly reminder in every OP of each club event that states; "please practice, just enough to ensure everyone on track will have a clean, competitive and fun race."

With practice, you will race with confidence.

Learning/familiarizing yourself with the car/track combo will likely cause less accidents.
To have fun and be competitive at the same time??? Simple, practice practice practice and learn from any one of the helpful friendly R3E club members. Also, don't forget to learn from your own mistakes.

When racing, I cannot have fun without being competitive and I cannot be competitive without having fun. Even fighting for last place is always fun.

I purchased the RD premium membership because I want to race in a fun, clean, friendly and competitive environment. You CANNOT find that on public servers. I paid to race with guys who have practiced and know the car/track well enough to not take anyone out.
The only place you don't need practice is public servers. Therefore, I think practice is much needed where you pay premium to race. Some other online private clubs/leagues only wants members who are 18+?????? So yes us like minded sim racers take this seriously but not so serious that it rip's the fun away from the race. We are here sim racing to live out our dream and we pay premium to attempt to race like the real pro's (just a bit less competitive).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 89 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 13.9%