1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Some help with Rfactor Material Names

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by NuNiTo, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Hi everyone, like in title i need some help with the material names in Xpacker

Xpacker..jpg

In the image we can see a lot of names but i really have no idea what's for:rolleyes:

Roada -> road (that's easy:smile:)
    Rdax -> ????
    Rdta -> ????
    Rdcp -> ????
    Rged -> ????
    Gras -> grass (easy too:redface:?
    Grxs -> ????
    Grvl -> Gravel
    Dstg -> ????
    Gtrp -> ????
    Rmbl -> ????
    Twall -> Tree wall?
    Wall -> Wall
    Grdr -> ????
    Safer -> ????

2. You can get a lot of info by opening up the tdf file from any track. For each material you'll see something like this:

// Roads Bumps LVL1 //small bumps washboard
    [FEEDBACK]

(lots of variables here)
    Materials=rdax

So you can see that rdax is for small bumps which are quite close together. Further searching will reveal that Grxs is rough grass, gtrp is for gravel traps. I imagine this is more likely to stop a car, whereas grvl would be more like a gravel road.

3. Rmbl -> ????
    This is for Kerbs

Grdr -> ????
    And this for Guardrails

4. thanks a lot:smile:

Roada -> road (that's easy:smile:)
    Rdax -> Roads Bumps LVL1 //small bumps washboard
    Rdta -> Roads Bumps LVL2 //Road Crack Sharp short bumps
    Rdcp -> Road Cement Patchs
    Rged -> Dusty berms
    Gras -> grass (easy too:redface:?
    Grxs -> rough Grass
    Grvl -> Gravel
    Dstg -> Dusty Grass
    Gtrp -> Gravel Trap
    Rmbl -> Rumblestrips (fake bumping added)
    Twall -> Tirewalls
    Wall -> Wall
    Grdr -> Guardrails
    Safer -> SAFER Walls

Now i'm able to create more realistic tracks:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. You can make your own Nmaes also. I made a Snow, Ice and Water material. The Terrain and Road sections I use it on has a material name of Snow, Ice and Water. And the tdf has.

// Water LVL5 //Water
    [FEEDBACK]
    Dry=RoadWaterGrip Wet=RoadWaterGrip Resistance=0.0 BumpAmp=0.00 BumpWavelen=0.0 Legal=true Spring=0.0 Damper=0.0 CollFrict=1.0 Sparks=0 Scraping=0 InsideColl=Secondary\splash_in OutsideColl=Secondary\splash_ex
    Reaction=wetskid Tex=skidwet.tga Max=1024 Duration=0.40 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
    Reaction=spray Tex=rainspray.tga Max=1024 Scale=(0.3,0.05,0.6) Growth=(0.3,0.3,0.6) GrowthVel=(0.08,0.09,0.30) Power=1.0 RampSpeed=80.0 OffsetVel=0.10 ASDEnvelope=(0.05,0.07,0.90) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
    Materials=wata
    // ICE LVL6 //ICE
    [FEEDBACK]
    Dry=RoadICE Wet=RoadICE Resistance=0.0 BumpAmp=0.00 BumpWavelen=0.0 Legal=true Spring=0.0 Damper=0.0 CollFrict=0.5 Sparks=0 Scraping=0 InsideColl=Secondary\splash_in OutsideColl=Secondary\splash_ex
    Reaction=wetskid Tex=skidwet.tga Max=1024 Duration=0.40 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
    Reaction=spray Tex=rainspray.tga Max=1024 Scale=(0.3,0.05,0.6) Growth=(0.3,0.3,0.6) GrowthVel=(0.08,0.09,0.30) Power=1.0 RampSpeed=80.0 OffsetVel=0.10 ASDEnvelope=(0.05,0.07,0.90) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
    Materials=ICE
    // Snow LVL7 //Snow
    [FEEDBACK]
    Dry=RoadSnow Wet=RoadSnow Resistance=1.0 BumpAmp=0.00 BumpWavelen=0.0 Legal=true Spring=0.0 Damper=0.0 CollFrict=1.0 Sparks=0 Scraping=0 InsideColl=Secondary\splash_in OutsideColl=Secondary\splash_ex
    Materials=Snow

• Like Like x 1
  6. Choosing rmbl wasn´t suposed to feel the kerbs in FFB? I don´t feel anything end car goes over kerbs:frown:

7. About this, does that mean you need to call each material

"rmbl_bleh"

...or could it be called anything.

My question is - does the game search for all materials called "rmbl_xxx" - or is there some other way the material names are linked to surfaces.

8. The materials can have any name. In Venue Materials (or the Materials tab in the XPacker program) you choose a value for rFactor material name.

9. But what value i need to change to feel the kerb in FFB? :confused:

help..jpg

10. It´s done, opened the track with 3dsimed, and select HAT target and Collision target for kerbs, exported all models to get new _output.scn and replace old *.scn with the new _output.scn file and voilá:biggrin: when passing over kerbs i realy feel them on my G25:tongue:

Amazing:biggrin::biggrin:

done with kerbs..jpg

11. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

So if i got this right. When i have two cobble roads and i want to have 1 more bumpier than the other, i give to two materials two different names and i add to the tdf-file those two names with all the information.

12. I think that's right, but there's only one way to find out...

13. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

yep, sweat sweat sweat.....

14. has any one figured out how to get a water splash out the front of the car!!!!
    I have tried and tried, but to no avail.....I was sure I had it right at one stage but nope! lol.......
    Scale=(0.3,0.05,0.6) Growth=(0.3,0.3,0.6) GrowthVel=(0.08,0.09,0.30)
    Have given these values a flogging! even tried a negative value to see if it pushes past the 0,0,0 axis......