some help needed

1)when I try to do the hairpin test in driving school my car always spins when I go from 2nd to 1st gear in a straight line. it is normal from 5 to 2nd but going into 1st I will always spin? Can you explain what is the reason behind, it does not make sense to me. I have also noticed that problem by many cars, I did adapt with going always in 2nd gear through the hairpin which is just too slow to complete the driving school test.

2) Is it normal that by most of the cars, throttle compared to some other games will act weirdly, it looks like there is some big dead zone of first quarter of throttle which won't give any reaction to the car. then when you finally get to the point where the car reacts to the throttle, you will need to be extremely soft on it to get a normal increase of speed, or you will just spin around. basically when u find the accelerating zone, you just have to keep the foot on the pedal without pushing it, and the speed will slowly increase, after that u can fully push the pedal and it looks normal, but the accelerating from 1st gear looks extremely tough and also slow... I have tried all the different linearity settings which didn't make any difference to the game. Is that something you noticed? is it possible to change it?

1)when I try to do the hairpin test in driving school my car always spins when I go from 2nd to 1st gear in a straight line. it is normal from 5 to 2nd but going into 1st I will always spin? Can you explain what is the reason behind, it does not make sense to me. I have also noticed that problem by many cars, I did adapt with going always in 2nd gear through the hairpin which is just too slow to complete the driving school test.

The gap between first and second gear is wider than the gaps between the other gears, plus first gear multiplies the engine braking more than any other gear. When you change down while braking, the extra engine braking you get by going into first gear will lock the rear wheels and spin the car. If sticking in second isn't an option, then change down at the last possible moment, preferably when you are not braking.

2) Is it normal that by most of the cars, throttle compared to some other games will act weirdly, it looks like there is some big dead zone of first quarter of throttle which won't give any reaction to the car. then when you finally get to the point where the car reacts to the throttle, you will need to be extremely soft on it to get a normal increase of speed, or you will just spin around. basically when u find the accelerating zone, you just have to keep the foot on the pedal without pushing it, and the speed will slowly increase, after that u can fully push the pedal and it looks normal, but the accelerating from 1st gear looks extremely tough and also slow... I have tried all the different linearity settings which didn't make any difference to the game. Is that something you noticed? is it possible to change it?

This is a known bug. The secret is to go to the controls menu, look for the list under the heading "action" and click on "brake". Then press your brake pedal fully. Then click on "accelerate" and press your accelerator pedal fully. Doing brake before accelerator seems to fix the issue. Check using the on-screen moving bars for the accelerator to see if the issue is fixed. Use 50% linearity for a perfectly linear response.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%